Beverly Triton Wednesday AM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beverly Triton Wednesday AM

Launched at 7:30 and was immediately pulling 18-19 inch schoolies. Finished with 12-14 all in that range. Trolled rattle trap, jighead with paddletail and crystal minnow and all caught fish. Twice had both rods working fish. Was fun but would love a keeper.
    John
    image1.jpg

Nice day. I love the funky bottom row of stripes on that fish, everything above perfect and then crazy.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice going. I have not made it to Beverly-Triton this year. I tried out the new Spriggs farm launch in the Magothy this morning. I have no first-hand knowledge of fishing the Magothy so tried several patterns. The shallower water trolling produced absolutely nothing for 80 mins. As I moved over to deeper channel edges, I started finding fish. In the next 1.5 hours, I caught 11 stripers with four above 20" -- three at 20.5" and one at 21.5". All were caught on paddletails -- 3" on jigheads, 4.5" on bucktails. They caught about equally well today.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
        Nice day. I love the funky bottom row of stripes on that fish, everything above perfect and then crazy.
        What Big Mike said! Cool fish. Nice day. Congrats!
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
          Nice going. I have not made it to Beverly-Triton this year. I tried out the new Spriggs farm launch in the Magothy this morning. I have no first-hand knowledge of fishing the Magothy so tried several patterns. The shallower water trolling produced absolutely nothing for 80 mins. As I moved over to deeper channel edges, I started finding fish. In the next 1.5 hours, I caught 11 stripers with four above 20" -- three at 20.5" and one at 21.5". All were caught on paddletails -- 3" on jigheads, 4.5" on bucktails. They caught about equally well today.
          Thanks you too! Might try something different next time out, not sure when that will be though. Maybe I'll try Spriggs.

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
            What Big Mike said! Cool fish. Nice day. Congrats!
            Thanks Mike and Bruce. Yeah I didn't notice that pattern, very interesting.

Comment

You may find that the area of Beverly-Triton, mouth of the South River, is very good in the late afternoon and evening. The fish tend to go crazy in the afternoon. Two hours before dark tends to be magic. The only problem is no matter how good it is, night fall tends to shut you down. Of course for me, one who seems to not know when to quit, that make it easy for me.

Comment

Working...
              X