No announcement yet.

Cold weather setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on that relief zipper. Also keep your fishing license and Id out side your suit. Terry can tell you when the DNR stopped to check license in winter is tough to get it out. I leave mine in console of Cuda 14

Comment

+2 on the relief zipper. Gotta love the the center console of the cuda. Another item to leave in the center console when wearing a drysuit is a pee cup. Sorry, had to say it.
      Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
      Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

All,
        We just got in some sweet Dry Suits from Immersion Research called the Arch Rival. Immersion Research is a great company out of Western PA that makes bomber gear. The Arch Rival has latex neck and wrist gaskets and latex booties for maximum protection. At $799 this is a great value in a latex drysuit. Also has relief zipper. They also make great paddling pants and paddling tops! We have the above instock if anyone wants to try on. Tax free in Delaware Too!!

Check out their full line at http://www.immersionresearch.com

Thanks! Brian with Delawarepaddlesports.com
        Feel free to call or text questions to 3022491695

Comment

Originally posted by Turtle135 View Post
          Bomber Gear is closing out their dry suit line up. See the link for the "Gauley" at $ 262.50 and the "Oneida" at $ 210.00.

http://www.bombergear.com/products/dry-gear/men

I do not own either suit but at those prices it probably worth doing some online research. Both suits have the semi-dry neoprene neck gasket and latex gaskets at the wrist.
          These are very good prices compared to the other top rated brands, but can find zero ratings for these. Has anyone tried these or seen a review?
          Red 2015 Hobie Outback
          Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Given the price I was convinced and went to order both a top and pants but they were out of stock

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

Now if someone makes dry pants with a relief zipper, that is something I would be interested in checking out.
              Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
              Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Anyone have waterproof gloves that they're happy with? Picked up a pair of Hans off Amazon, and they seem to run about a size too large and I'm planning on sending them back. Figured i'd see if anyone has found the illusive perfect glove.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRunner View Post
                  Anyone have waterproof gloves that they're happy with? Picked up a pair of Hans off Amazon, and they seem to run about a size too large and I'm planning on sending them back. Figured i'd see if anyone has found the illusive perfect glove.

I have these neoprene gloves from BPS: http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...product/73534/

I think I'll get these though for those really cold days: http://www.basspro.com/Glacier-Glove...3011205261662/
                  Dick's Sports carries Glacier Gloves too, if the one closest to you carries outdoor sports.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

I am interested to see what everybody is using for gloves. I don't think I can fish with full fingered gloves. I have read about fishing with fleece or wool fingerless gloves and making sure you have multiple pairs to change out of during the day.
                    WS ATAK

Comment

I've had decoy neoprene gloves for duck hunting that I'm lucky if i can make it thru a full season, and I'm scared what paddling would do to the same material. Seems like alot of the surfcasters in N NJ/MA/NY tend to go with the Stormr brand neoprene gloves. The Glacier gloves have pretty decent reviews, on amazon it seems that its a crapshoot depending who the "Seller" is.

Comment

I can't deal with gloves. Most of my cold weather fishing is extremely light tackle jigging for either YPs or panfish through the ice. I just stuff my pockets full of hand warmers and sometimes wear light underarmour windproof jogging gloves. I have a pair of glacier gloves and stormr gloves that never get used because they're way too bulky.
                        Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

I put my hands in the water to wash off fish slime, so going gloveless isn't a good option for me. Besides, I need one hand on the rudder control while trolling too. My hands get cold pretty easy, and when it starts to hurt it's not much fun...I'm a wimp.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                          X