Hobie trailer cradle crack repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobie trailer cradle crack repair

I noticed yesterday that my rear cradle has developed a crack that has not only cracked the plastic but seems to be separating the rubber cushion above it as well. The location experiences a lot of flex when the PA is going on and off. Looking for recommendations on a semi-flexible repair I can do. I recall a discussion on some sort of tape you wet and put in place but that didn't sound like it worked to well. For the cost of the cradles I would have thought I'd get more than 16 months of use before a failure like this.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Big Mike; 10-21-2015, 12:54 PM.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Bring it up on the Hobie board and bitch ........ They might replace it free ....... Also check with the distributor ...... They might replace it too. I'm done with Hobie Accessories especially for PAs ......... More and more they are high priced low quality junk

Comment

Mike, it's too bad we are not closer. I would love to get my hands on a broken cradle, just for the sole purpose of making a template. But if your ever going to be up in the Annapolis/ Pasadena area with your rig give me a shout. I'm a mater carpenter by trade and going to custom build 2 sets of cradles for my PA14. ( 1 storage rack inside/ 1 set to fit a trailer).

Comment

Pleased to say that Hobie is going to replace the cradle. Much thanks to Viet at Blu Haven Piers for handling this for me. Also Dan at Backyard Boats reached out to me as well, even though I've never been to their store. Genuine commitment to making things right.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Great news Mike!!! That's why we should support our local dealers. Online is great for many things, but when something goes wrong 1-800.......crickets!

Comment

Working...
          X