Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boy do I have a fish story for you guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy do I have a fish story for you guys!

I took off work today and tomorrow and decided to try my luck on the water since the forecast called for a beautiful day. I launched from the pumping station above port deposit on the susquehanna. The fishing was slow with no bites. I started off with a rattle trap with no luck and switched to a chartreuse double bladed spinner bait since the water was stained from the rain we've had. I made a cast and the top half of my rod flew off into the water. No big deal, it's a two piece rod and still on my line. So I started reeling it in to get it all fixed. I was drifting down river pretty good, and I could feel my lure and end of the rod dragging and bouncing off the rocky bottom. I only had the reel and the first eye in my hand so I had no backbone. I noticed my line and kayak seemed to be moving odd, but I figured I was hung up and my kayak was moving due to the drag against the current. I reeled and finally saw the second half of my rod, then as soon as I saw that I could see my lure. The lure was bright so I saw it first, then...SURPRISE! My spinnerbait was in the mouth of a rockfish. I had no idea I had a fish on. No strike, no fight or anything. What I thought was my lure and rod bouncing off the bottom must have been the fish! He must have plucked it off the bottom because there's no way that lure had any action as it sat there. I don't carry a ruler on board since I don't keep fish, but my guess was that it was in the 20-22in range, a pretty good size rockfish for that area of water. That was my only fish today and had no other bites. Sometimes you just get lucky! Talk about one hell of a fish story!

image.jpg
    Jayce
    2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
    2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Sounds like a good day to buy a lottery ticket. Congrats on the nice fish!
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Funny how it works like that sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Zack
      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Maybe you should have left the rod tip off the rest of the day ...

Comment

Classic.
          Michael
          Washington, DC
          Hobie Outback

Comment

That's my kind of fishing=Lucky

Yak67
            2015 Hobie PA-14

Comment

Post what kind of spinnerbait and they'll be sold out at BPS in minutes. Nice story.
              Mike
              Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                Post what kind of spinnerbait and they'll be sold out at BPS in minutes. Nice story.

Funny you say that. My dad found a bunch of Terminator spinnerbaits that he forgot he had. They gotta be close to 15 years old but still in their original unopened packaging. I tied one on and this happened haha.
                Jayce
                2017 Ivory Hobie Pro Angler 12 "The Big Easy"
                2015 Flint Camo Wilderness Systems Ride 115X Max Angler

Comment

Working...
                X