Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got some Bass Kandy

Hey everyone,
    Since I infamously screwed up my paddle tail this summer, I thought I would just humble myself and ask how to properly rig these. If someone would be so kind, it would be greatly appreciated. And if Cowpokey would like to chime in again with a Punked reference that would be all the better[emoji3]!
    Which side does the hook come out of?

Tom Lagana
    www.tomlagana.net

As pictured the hook would come out of the top.

Comment

This video should answer your questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA43_s5GjUk
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Thanks!!

Tom Lagana
        www.tomlagana.net

Comment

I like to rig them upside down where the hook is easily exposed thru the slit. IMO it has a better action rigged this way. After catching a few fish and the BKD starts to slip off the jig, then I'll rig it right side up and push the tip of the hook thru the back of the plastic so it doesn't slip as much. Very effective lure, my favorite colors are albino & chartreuse glitter. Caught stripers up to 33 inches with chart glitter last night.
          2014 Hobie Pro Angler
          2018 Viking Profish 400 Lite

Comment

^ I rig mine the same way as mentioned above. You can rig it up either way and it'll work fine.

Outback 2015
            Maui

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
              This video should answer your questions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA43_s5GjUk
              Good video Bruce thanks for sharing.

Comment

Little tip I learned from an old timer...I keep a small tube of super glue in my tackle bag and put a drop on the head of the bait where it touches the jig head.. does a great job keeping it in place

Comment

Originally posted by JAR View Post
                  I like to rig them upside down where the hook is easily exposed thru the slit. IMO it has a better action rigged this way. After catching a few fish and the BKD starts to slip off the jig, then I'll rig it right side up and push the tip of the hook thru the back of the plastic so it doesn't slip as much. Very effective lure, my favorite colors are albino & chartreuse glitter. Caught stripers up to 33 inches with chart glitter last night.
                  +1

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by camelbird View Post
                    Little tip I learned from an old timer...I keep a small tube of super glue in my tackle bag and put a drop on the head of the bait where it touches the jig head.. does a great job keeping it in place
                    This is even more effective if you trim the tip of the BKD so that the glued surface is flat / flush against the jig head
                    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
                    X