Verizon Vios hs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon Vios hs

Meant to say Verizon Vios has dropped hunting and fishing channels but it posted.

Anyway, Within the past few months, Verizon Vios has dropped the Sportsman Channel and the Outdoors Channel. They suggest you go to the History, Discovery, destination America or nat geo wild for similar content ......... REALLY? ........ Hunting and fishing on the history channel? When I complained they sent me an email saying it was to save rising costs. That is also insulting since they are premium channels fir which you pay extra.

I call Verizon and the idiot at the call center pissed me off so I sent an email to the Verizon Vp of operations and they opened a case for it. If it pisses you off too then call Kelly D on the Verizon Executive Relations staff at 855-655-2685 Extn:4440619 and give her an ear full.

When I talked to Kelley, she said that calls like this make a difference and could get the channels back so if you want hunting and fishing programming this winter then please call.
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 10-02-2015, 04:14 PM.

Wow... what a bunch of crap. Yeah, I was paying for the outdoor package or whatever it is. I honestly hadnt really watched the Outdoors Channel since I switched to FIOS because of the World Fishing Network, but I was still paying to have that channel available. Thats ridiculous.
    Mike

Comment

I was pretty ticked off about it too. I sent an email to tell them I want it back. I was thinking of switching to comcast but I couldn't see where they carry the Fishing network. Like mweber02 said, I pay extra for that so the whole cost thing is crap. Just send a message saying they have to raise the cost for that package and allow the consumer to make the decision, don't make it for us.
      Travis
      Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
      Orange Old Town NEXT
      USN

Comment

Seriously guys ........ Please call the number ......... It took awhile to figure how to get to a VP. This is their channel. Calling the stupid regular number just goes to a call centre that is a go nowhere and do nothing place to keep you from getting to the decision makers. Same with letters usually. This is the executive relations staff. She has to personally call you back and it gets sent upstairs. So please call and pas it onto others to do the same.

Comment

Worst part of it, they require purchase of "sports package"...I don't watch stick and ball sports, so why do I need a sports packager to watch two channels? Nevermind the fact I get charged a $10 "surcharge" for "regional sports", of which I can't take off my months bill either, and I repeat I don't watch stick and ball sports.

Comcast was the same way for the two outdoors channels, so I doubt Verizon will do anything about it.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks for the info I had also sent an e-mail to them and never got a response so I will be calling Monday morning.

eyedaddy

Comment

Good job, Memory Maker, for pointing this out!

Comment

Well I called 2 times today 1st time it went to voice mail and I left Kelly a message, then called back and pressed "0" to speak with another representative an expressed my thoughts about their dropping the channels. I was polite but left no doubt about how I felt paying for something and losing it like this. The young lady took note and looked up my account and had to agree we did pay extra for those programs. She noted the complaint and promised to forward the information. About 2pm I got a return call from Kelly, a very nice lady, who understood the problem and said they have been swamped with calls about this and had started a file on it. Then she also noted that negotiations between Verizon and the Outdoor Network had stopped over finances. Then she mentioned that "a gentleman said he had posted the information on a group page and they were getting a lot of calls" I informed her that there were a lot of folks on this site that not only fish but also hunt and are Sport Shooters and were also not happy. I don't think they were aware of just how many Hunters and Fishermen and Ladies, watch these programs nor to mention the Millions of NRA Members and NRA Instructors, of which I am one (NRA basic Pistol and Maryland HQL. special rates to Snaggedline folks) that also watch these programs. Bottom line is they are looking at this very hard due to the response they are getting and were encouraged to go back to the negotiating table with the Outdoor Channel. Well Done Memory Maker for posting the information!

Comment

Thanks for calling ......... It's that response that will get their attention ........ Come on guys ?....CALL

Comment

I called Verizon and complained got a 25.00 credit for bitchin'. I also wrote Fly Rod Chronicles looking for viewing alternative,they suggested calling and complaining. They also told me Verizon wasn't being honest. Price increase wasn't the reason for Verizon decision. They also sent a link to www.KeepMyOutdoorTV.com. Lets keep trying to get the Outdoor and Sportsman's Channel back!

Larry

Comment

......... Post this stuff on every website you know .........

Here is the guy I contacted

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-com...ohn-g-stratton

He is the VP of operations. There is a link in it to contact him. This will generate a new case that will be opened with a new number that they have to follow up on. Probably a better strategy to flood them with many new cases rather than calling on 1 ......... Better yet ....... Do both. If you google verizon executives you will see all of them. Hell get people to contact all of them that have contact links.

Pass it on to every website you frequent.
                      Last edited by Memory Maker; 10-06-2015, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X