No announcement yet.

weekend fishing not looking good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, this weather sucks. I was looking forward to getting on the beach at Assateague Friday after work and not leaving until Sunday and drum fishing the entire time. Not so now; 12-16ft seas predicted. OSV zone is already closed with a total park closure Sunday. And last weekend was a washout too. Totally bumming

I've been raking my brain trying to think if there is any protected waters to try as a backup plan for getting any fishing in this weekend, but the wind is looking ridiculous.

Let's hope when this Nor'easter and then the hurricane finally blow through we have calm seas for a good long while!
    Brian

Comment

An interesting forecast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MijSLeejcfQ
      Red 2015 Hobie Outback
      Olive 2015 PA 14

Comment

Originally posted by dasher View Post
        living in OC, & based upon the forecasts, I may get to use the yak but not places I've ever gone before, namely some of the roads... just wondering rules of the road and such, who has right of way, a kayak or a truck on a flooded road?
        Just remember the "Rule of excessive tonnage...the one with the most tonnage makes the rules"

eyedaddy

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumptrelecent View Post
          Anyone up for some white water kayaking from the CBBT to SPSP? We should make good time considering wind conditions.
          Sounds like fun. I could surf the waves with my whitewater kayak, be up on plane and everything.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by eyedaddy View Post
            Just remember the "Rule of excessive tonnage...the one with the most tonnage makes the rules"

eyedaddy

That's why it's good to know the rules. Hehe
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by dasher View Post
              Good ol' Franky.... just don't quote anything BullDog says...

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Lagana View Post
                Went out today, launched at Jonas Greene and caught 3 rock. First was 18" and the last two were slightly over 21". Had to do it today with the forecast....

Tom Lagana
                www.tomlagana.net
                Want to go out from Jonas soon. We're you trolling? What type of lure? (Newbie here)
                New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Trolling in between the two bridges. Jig head and paddle tail. Also if head northeast, towards Manresa/50 Bridge there is a wind protected cove where you will catch big perch and pickerel if the rockfish aren't biting.

Hobie Revo 13
                  www.tomlagana.net

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Lagana View Post
                    Trolling in between the two bridges. Jig head and paddle tail. Also if head northeast, towards Manresa/50 Bridge there is a wind protected cove where you will catch big perch and pickerel if the rockfish aren't biting.

Hobie Revo 13
                    www.tomlagana.net
                    Thanks for the response, do you have a trolling motor on your yak or do you pedal or paddle?
                    New to the game but not a rookie!

Comment

Pedal

Tom Lagana
                      www.tomlagana.net

Comment

Working...
                      X