No announcement yet.

M&G October 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, forecast calling for winds around 15 gusts to 25. This is not a protected area you will get the full force of the winds with no place to hide. It is difficult to fish with the predicated winds. Great fishing area when weather cooperates Thinking of canceling but want any feed back from people signed up.

Harry

Comment

Unless there is no productive area near by, then you may not have a choice. It won't be the first time. You may want to wait until Friday morning to make the call. You never know with the weather predictions. On weather.com they are call for N11 mph on Sat.

Comment

Harry, perhaps there is a back up location to hedge the risk? This way if the Friday forecast still calls, we can easily switch to a nearby, more sheltered location.
        -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

I'm up for a secondary location.

Comment

If the winds hold as predicted, I will likely be looking for more protected waters.
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by Dimo View Post
              Harry, perhaps there is a back up location to hedge the risk? This way if the Friday forecast still calls, we can easily switch to a nearby, more sheltered location.
              No place real close to be able to launch our kayaks. If I cancel I will have no backup on this event. Damn winds and Mother Nature!!!

Comment

My weather is saying 5 mph during the day .. 25 mph gusts early in the morning but settles down once the sun is upb

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                Zach Moore
                Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                Bait Towel Pro Staff
                2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Where are you getting your weather info?

Comment

Friendster ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

WeatherBug app

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
                      Zach Moore
                      Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                      Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                      Bait Towel Pro Staff
                      2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                      YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I am going to CANCEL my sponsoring of this M&G for tomorrow based on the predicated winds and the small craft advisory issued through Saturday morning. This certainly does not prevent you from trying this area Saturday. However, it would be against my better judgement to sponsor an M&G knowing just how bad this unprotected area can get with the predicated weather and having some new kayakers who were going to attend this M&G. This area offers some great fishing but not during the predicated weather forecast.

Harry

Comment

Working...
                        X