Looking for a Kayak for my son!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Kayak for my son!

I finally sold my FeelFree Lure 13.5. Now I'd like to get something for my son. He is 10 going on 11(sometimes 30). He really isn't interested in fishing, but likes to go with me- so that we can have some time together.( I am Grateful).

Any personal experience with kids and any of these boats would be appreciate. Also if you have 1 for sale, let me know.
    I'd also like to be able to use it myself for quick trips up river.

I've been looking at the:
    Ascend 10
    moken 10

used tarpon, or ride 11.

Cuda 11

Thanks Ed

I bought a Moken10 ultralight for my son when he turned 10. He still uses it and he is turning 13. Super light and easy to transport. I've used it myself for many perch trips and a few upriver susky trips.
    2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
    2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Hobie Outback, so there's room to grow. Get a 2014 though, so the seat has a forward position. When it comes to kids, leg power is even more important, not to mention having hands free for fishing.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks Guys-

Cowpokey, I am with you on the outback. I've seen several nice used setups this week for 1200-1500.00. But right now i am looking for something thats not going to break the bank- especially if he doesn't like it.

I am hoping to find something of good quality used. 300-600.00 in the 10 to 12 ft range

Comment

I have a tarpon 100 that I've used for creeks and rivers and even had my brother out on it at the bay bridge a couple times. Its a great kayak for beginner or experienced and has a pretty comfortable seat.
          Ryan
          Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
          Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I still have an older Heritage Seadart (14') that I am not using. It has a couple of scotty mounts and my first attempt at an anchor trolley. $400 - PM me if interested and I will send pics
            Bruce

Hobie PA 14
            Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Sounds decent Bruce. But I don't really like to stay a little smaller. I am sure it will get snatched up quickly when you post it

Ed

Comment

No worries Ed. I suspected it might be bigger than you were looking for. Good luck!
                Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

One thing to consider is that while a longer boat might be harder for your son to get to the water, once it's in the water longer boats tend to be faster, so he won't have to work as hard paddling to keep up.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Working...
                  X