Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survival Products October Striper Challenge! Cash payout and more!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
    Sounds like me; I haven't been out in weeks Hoping to get my first crack at the leader board Monday
    Now things are getting serious...just make sure you stay inside of the three mile limit

Comment

The leaderboard is tight! Not too much stands between the 1st and 3rd place fish. I love the competition!

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Redfish12 with a pair of 24" fish is in the lead. Nice job, Michael. Someone get out there and give him a run for his money!

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Yup... Redfish12 said..."let me show you boys how it's done"

Comment

I got a feeling its going to be down to the wire as bigger and bigger fish continue to make their way to our area...
            John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
            Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
              I got a feeling its going to be down to the wire as bigger and bigger fish continue to make their way to our area...
              I think you're right. Anybody could find that school of bigger fish and shoot up the standings quick.

I'm eying up the last week of this month as my next time I can get out. I tried this past Monday and found lots of fish right at 20", but I just couldn't find one bigger. Still a lot of fun on topwater though.
              Brian

Comment

I would also agree with you. The fish I caught on Monday were in the 22 inch range. Several fish would follow the hooked fish to the boat and on more than one occasion, there were larger fish in the school that didn't end up with the lure.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Lol, "show these boys how it's done"! Too funny man. I just raised the bar a few inches, my guess is slobberbob is going to take us into the 50-60+ inch range this year!
                  Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                  Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                  https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

What, me? Unlike you boys, I'm more of a luck fisherman than skill

My money is one one of you guys over there that has access to deep water to jig up a few bigger ones off structure.

Although, if I can get the right conditions to get out under the Rt. 50 bridge in the inlet there might be a chance
                    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
                      What, me? Unlike you boys, I'm more of a luck fisherman than skill

My money is one one of you guys over there that has access to deep water to jig up a few bigger ones off structure.

Although, if I can get the right conditions to get out under the Rt. 50 bridge in the inlet there might be a chance

SlobberBob - you don't want to catch wimpy stripers I hear they are catching 50" sheepsheads - south jetty

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                        SlobberBob - you don't want to catch wimpy stripers I hear they are catching 50" sheepsheads - south jetty
                        Bahaha

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                          Haha! Thanks for the hot tip!

Went out to today and found lots of fish once the tide started in. Lots of wind too in the afternoon! If we were going for the most fish between 20" - 21" I think I'd be close to the lead. Can't find a bigger one to save my life.

The intersting thing is that when I'm fishing in open water, big point edges, or over sandy/grassy bottoms I don't find a striper over 16"; with most averaging 12 -14". But when I go WAY up into the muddy shallow marsh coves and creeks I find the keeper sized fish. Logic would make me think the dinks would be up in the coves and the keepers out in the bigger open water. Shows how little I know.
                          Brian

Comment

I like this report... keep on fishing the deeper water!
                            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Just updated the standings! I am really enjoying this competition. A 1/2 inch separates 3rd from 1st. Some guys really stepped up their game this weekend and turned in some fatter longer fish. We are only a little half way through the month. Way to go fellas.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                              2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I also want to add that in the event of a tie (which thankfully has somehow not happened yet), the person who submits their email to me first will take the higher spot. The same way most all other tournaments are handled.

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
                                X