Early Morning Largemouth - Lake Linganore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Morning Largemouth - Lake Linganore

I really haven't fished much at all this year. I had an hour this morning before heading to work so I sneaked out with one rod which had a white ratt-l-trap on it. I got 3 small large mouths near shore then as my hour was up I hooked this guy in deeper water off the end of a boat ramp. Great start to an otherwise typical Tuesday!

WP_20150922_001.jpg WP_20150922_003.jpg
    Mike
    Feelfree Lure 11.5
    Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Very nice fish. Congratulations.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Is that the place where the guy decided to take his pontoon boat over the dam and got killed earlier this year?

Comment

Yup, same place. He didn't exactly _decide_ to take it over the dam, he got swept over by the current.
        Mike
        Feelfree Lure 11.5
        Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Sounds like the fatality was avoidable to me. I wonder why they were boating near the dam? It's a private lake, so access is limited, right? Very sad for the family, especially if they live right by the lake.

Comment

I forgot to mention that bass is a hog Mike. Nice job. I've never had great success with rat-l-traps.

Comment

Thanks Dan. I've never had success with rat-l-traps either but so many people do that I keep trying them. I guess my day finally came.

Re the accident, yes, it was avoidable, it was a terrible decision to go out on that day. Typically, boating near the dam is not a problem. This day was immediately following heavy rains so water was pouring over the spillway with a strong current and the 20'+ boat had only an electric trolling motor for propulsion. He was very familiar with the lake too; an engineer worked on infrastructure and stormwater management within the community. My guess is he got complacent and took things for granted. To add to the tragedy, it was his teenage daughters birthday. Ugh.
              Mike
              Feelfree Lure 11.5
              Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Wow Mike, that's a terrible story. So sad for the family.
                Last edited by DanMarino; 09-23-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Nice Job Mike! You might see me there soon My Coworker might take me out with him. He does fish but He's willing to take me out for a couple of hours
                  2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Cool Berto! Any time you want to come up, let me know too, I'm usually around.
                    Mike
                    Feelfree Lure 11.5
                    Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Cool Berto! Any time you want to come up, let me know too, I'm usually around.
                      Sweet! Might have to take you on that too !
                      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
                      X