Live Bait Bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Bait Bucket

I bought a $39.99 Wally World insulated bubbler live bait bucket to keep mud minnows alive for the tournament on Thursday- popped two new Coppertop Batteries in it dumped three gallons of Potomac River water and 100 or so good sized mud minnows in and started the bubbles- I never turned it off- lasted throught Friday...Saturday...Sunday...Monday and the batteries finally gave out and died on Tuesday afternoon around five pm....took the three dozen or so mud minnows down to the creek below my house and set them free- still lively, swam off as fresh as the day I caught them...amazing battery life
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Wow.....i was contemplating the difference between bubbler and a circulation pump on my new yak......Sounds like an aerator might work and save me some.drilling

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

It's great for minnows but spot and bunker need fresh circulating water.

Comment

Last year I used it on 18 spot I bought from Anglers when they were selling them- kept all 18 alive and kicking all day long- I changed the water once, but after live lining a while, I noticed the spot were hard to catch and frisky- so I just fished- that was why I replaced my old home made bait bucket with the Wally World one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Live Bait Bucket

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          Last year I used it on 18 spot I bought from Anglers when they were selling them- kept all 18 alive and kicking all day long- I changed the water once, but after live lining a while, I noticed the spot were hard to catch and frisky- so I just fished- that was why I replaced my old home made bait bucket with the Wally World one

It's been a strange year for spot, only big ones around when I was wanting to live line, and not very many of those either.

I use a cheap yellow (Frabil?) drag bucket, keeps bait fresh on the water, not much good for over night...let alone several days.

Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

I have a live well for my Outback with a pump- it works great but takes up the space for my crate- after using the Bubbler two years in a row and this year I just wanted to see exactly how long it would run on one set of fresh batteries- based on that experience I ordered the 30 quart live bait cooler from West Marine, so I have a spare live well that I paid $220.00 for...and unless I fish the Outer Banks or Florida, I doubt I'll use it much...

Comment

Working...
            X