Problem: Inside of Kayak has water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem: Inside of Kayak has water

I have a sit on top Ascend FS12T and there is a hatch near where a sit that has gotten a decent amount of water in it and no more will come out when I open the hatch and flip it. Are there any tricks I should try or should I purchase a bilge pump?
    Ascend FS12T

Mop it out with a towel.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

If you can get access to the area where the water sound is coming from, I would put one of those super absorbant pads used for wiping down cars in there with a thread or fishing line tied to one end and a dowel to push it in there. It's amazing how much water they pick up and you don't need to keep pulling it out to wring dry.

Similar to this:

http://www.grainger.com/product/ABSO...ng-Cloth-1ECE3
      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

I'm confused. I have an FS12t and. I don't see where water could store that you couldn't dump out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Zack
        Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
        Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
        "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Are you getting water inside of the hatch or on the molded trays under your legs?

If water is getting inside it could be coming from anywhere... A screw hole, a leaking hatch gasket, a leak in your scuppers (the FS12T was known for leaking scuppers about a year ago but has since been fixed in manufacturing).

When did you buy the yak? BPS was very supportive in allowing me to return my D10T when it leaked after the 1 year mark (granted, mine somehow got about 3 gallons of water while sitting on its side under my deck...). They didn't carry that color any longer and allowed me to credit to buying the FS12T.
          Mike

Comment

Working...
          X