Alternatives to WSSC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to WSSC?

I am relatively new to kayak fishing, having just started last summer. I've pretty much stuck to Tridelphia (a little) and Rocky Gorge (a lot) because they are easy to get to from where I live (and occasionally I catch something!). I definitely would like to venture out though. The low water levels get depressing this time of year. With conditions at the WSSC reservoirs looking grim for the next year or two, assuming all the reports about work on the dam, etc. are correct, would anyone mind sharing some of their favorite alternatives? Thanks!
    Joel
    2014 Hobie Outback (Ivory Dune)

If you're willing to venture and want to stay in fresh water Eastern Shore ponds in Maryland and Delaware may interest you.

If you're willing to consider tidal water the Severn River with its tributaries and many cuts and inlets offer impoundment-like environments, plenty of fish and easy access via Jonas Green.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Many of the state parks have rivers, lakes, &/or ponds: Tuckahoe State Park, Pokomoke State Park, Martinak State Park, Greenbrier SP, Wye Mills SP, Point Lookout SP, & others.

Comment

Thanks Mark & whenican! I have definitely been eyeing the Severn River area! I'll check into some of the parks listed as well.
        Joel
        2014 Hobie Outback (Ivory Dune)

Comment

The Potomac River is where it's at.

Comment

Little Seneca Lake in Black Hill Regional Park.

http://www.montgomeryparks.org/facil...rks/blackhill/

I know what you mean about the draw-downs at the WSSC lakes. The fish can still be caught but it makes for an ugly visual.
            Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

If you end up trying black hill park, PM me for some tips before hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

There is the Patuxent river too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Piney Run in Carrol Cnty...but apparently, entrance fee & launching fee (boo)

Comment

fished Rocky Gorge....water is suuuuuuuper low. Talkin 10-15' low. There's a brushpile on the main lake that is normally in 8-9' of water...completely bone dry and 2-3' down from that.

Comment

Little Creek on the Eastern Bay, Terrapin Park near the easternness of the Bay Bridge (long drag - use 2 sets of wheels). Sandy Point SP on the western end of the bridge.

Fort Smallwood in northern AACO is supposed to be good. There will be a Meet and Greet there on 10/10
                      Bruce

Hobie PA 14
                      Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Working...
                      X