Wheels for kayak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels for kayak

I see a lot of people have the fatter wheels for their kayaks. Is it worth the money to upgrade to them? Does it make hauling a lot easier?
    E-Man
    Dune Pro Angler 14

I thought those were for the sand/beach launches but interested to hear feed back as well
    Zach Moore
    Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
    Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
    Bait Towel Pro Staff
    2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
    YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

I have both HD and 30cm beach wheelz. On hard ground there isn't much difference in effort required to pull a loaded yak. On sand, an empty yak is a bear with HD wheels, a loaded yak with 30cm wheelz is cake.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

cool, thanks. yeah getting off that beach fully loaded sat was a bitch. I have the hd wheels and 3/4 was buried in the sand. had some issues w the hd wheels on grass but that was because of a separate issue I found out later
        E-Man
        Dune Pro Angler 14

Comment

Sand like that at the launch you definitely need the bigger balloon tires. 30cm ones will work.

Outback 2015
          Maui

Comment

how did both sets of wheels work for you on sat?
            E-Man
            Dune Pro Angler 14

Comment

Works great. I do that all the time so all I have to do is pull forward only. I need all the help I can get since I'm not muscle bound, especially after a long day on the water. I usually use the smaller one to get the yak out of the water and load on to the bigger balloon tires.
              Last edited by Goody; 09-14-2015, 11:58 AM.

Outback 2015
              Maui

Comment

haha!!! nice!! oh, and what bigger rudder did you get? the sailing one? looking at the magazine and its very specific
                E-Man
                Dune Pro Angler 14

Comment

Originally posted by AJYaking View Post
                  haha!!! nice!! oh, and what bigger rudder did you get? the sailing one? looking at the magazine and its very specific
                  I have the big sailing rudder. It makes a huge difference IMO. I can turn the Outback on a dime with it.

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

ok. I gotta look at getting that. that wind killed me. I couldn't stay where I wanted for nothing
                    E-Man
                    Dune Pro Angler 14

Comment

I have the sailing rudder on both Outbacks, it's great upgrade...especially for the bay and other tidal water.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

E - the sailing rudder is the best cheap hobie upgrade you can do i think it's under $30 for your PA14.. http://www.austinkayak.com/products/...ro-Angler.html

Comment

Thanks fellas. Will def be upgrading
                          E-Man
                          Dune Pro Angler 14

Comment

Working...
                          X