Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TKAA 11th Annual "Fish For Charity" Anyone going ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grilled View Post
    I'm registered but winds are not looking good for this weekend.
    Weather looks absolutely terrible. Might actually skip it and consider my reg fee as a donation.

Comment

Yeah, I see the wind and rain forecast. But I am going anyway. So far over the last 3 days the weather for Friday and Saturday keeps changing. The rain seems to be decreasing. So the winds are the only issue. I am just planning on looking for more sheltered water from the NE winds.

Comment

I'm going regardless... Maybe there will be less folk getting in raffles! LOL Who's scouting a bar we can hit til weigh in? LOL

Comment

Yeah, I am going anyway. Trying to get a map of this 50 mile radius. A couple spots on my list to get out of wind a bit are pretty far.

Comment

I'm with mytmouse; "where's the bar?"
            2015 Outback
            2016 Outback LE

GO PATRIOTS !!!

Comment

Windy at the CBBT. expected thru the weekend. From 9/22 on the ride down. Those waves are taller than I am. The virginia beach side was worse. Just no where to video from the bridge.

Comment

I think last year was the only one that that the weather didn't suck. Big wind garrantied for TKAA.
                Jim

Hobie Outback
                TKAA member
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                  JohnE.... I sent you a pm with my contact info... call me Friday morning or Thursday after midnight. Leaving Severna pk. At that time.
                  Did not get your pm and your inbox is full.

Comment

I'm still going too, I'll be leaving tomorrow afternoon and fishing Friday. If anyone is interested in joining me send me a PM and i'll give you my phone number.
                    Travis
                    Dune Hobie Pro Angler 12
                    Orange Old Town NEXT
                    USN

Comment

I had a slight change in plans.... I will be going down on Thursday night and checking into the hotel and fish in the morning somewhere.

Comment

I will be heading down sometime tomorrow afternoon/evening and fishing Friday morning somewhere. Not sure where yet, will have to see what the wind is doing.
                        Jim

Hobie Outback
                        TKAA member

Comment

Depending on how tired I am, I plan on getting to the hotel hopefully for the Redskins half time. I may watch it at the bar or in my room.......

Comment

Anyone have a general area. Not to spot burn but safety on numbers

Comment

Originally posted by mebe007 View Post
                              Anyone have a general area. Not to spot burn but safety on numbers
                              I think it will depend on latest wind reports Friday. There are a lot of places to launch and some will be more protected then others depending on wind direction and speed.
                              Jim

Hobie Outback
                              TKAA member

Comment

Hasn't been looking good all week. I don't normally fish the backwater so I'm kind of clueless lol. Fiance is tagging along so keeping her safe and as comfortable as possible is priority

Comment

Working...
                                X