Sunday sunday sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday sunday sunday

Unfortunately, I can't make it out tomorrow, but I'm thinking about Sunday. Is anyone else hitting the water then? I'm thinking either out of Jonas green or good hands..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Just discovered this site. What time are ya headed out? Been looking for a saltwater trip and had planned on going to the bridge to forage for stripers BUT its the Maryland Seafood Fest so Sandy Point is a no go. I was thinking about going down to the 301 bridge on the Potomac but would be willing to drive east instead if there is a possibility of some education.

Comment

I'm not really the one to educate, I've been learning quite a bit this season. Unfortunately, I'm not certain that I'll be able to make it now... I'll post first thing if I plan on heading out. If I do, I plan on launching around 7, more than likely from Jonas. I had fun there last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Sounds good, not looking for a teacher so much as a little local knowledge. If you get out look for a pair of green Outback 12's (tandem trailer will be in the lot if we are there.) May still hit the Potomac.

Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by epoxybreath View Post
          Sounds good, not looking for a teacher so much as a little local knowledge. If you get out look for a pair of green Outback 12's (tandem trailer will be in the lot if we are there.) May still hit the Potomac.

Enjoy
          Just a heads up. Trailers aren't allowed at Jonas green park.

Comment

Thanks Matt, That seals the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by CB kayak 02 View Post
              Just a heads up. Trailers aren't allowed at Jonas green park.
              Any idea if there's a trailer friendly launch at the USNA? Those of us with military ID cards have access, but I don't know what's there.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                Any idea if there's a trailer friendly launch at the USNA? Those of us with military ID cards have access, but I don't know what's there.
                If you have a DOD ID or sticker, you can get onto the Naval Station Annapolis (on the opposite side of the river from the Naval Academy). I do not have that type of ID, but believe once onsite, you are allowed to use the large concrete ramp that enters the main river at the downstream end of the property. That location is fully exposed with no dock or pier to tie to. If the wind kicks up, you could face some significant waves as you launch or retrieve.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks John, I didn't even think about the military reservation on the opposite side of the river. I'll have to check that out.
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Hey CowPokey. I learned here a few months ago that with a CAC you can get to the launch over on the North side of Geenbury Point.... See Google Maps satellite view - Browns Cove. It has easy access to Whitehall Bay. I havent tried it yet, but want to soon.

Comment

HEAD TO TUNGSTON PARK. free trailor launching there now! machine is broke!
                      Zach Bennett
                      Linthicum MD
                      2014 Hobie Outback
                      Instagram: YakinZak
                      Youtube: YakinZak
                      Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

I can't locate a tungston park, could that be truxton park on Spa Creek?

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
                          I can't locate a tungston park, could that be truxton park on Spa Creek?

lol yes, Was looking at the wedding band when i thought of tungston haha you are correct it is truxton
                          Zach Bennett
                          Linthicum MD
                          2014 Hobie Outback
                          Instagram: YakinZak
                          Youtube: YakinZak
                          Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Would like to join you Sunday if I can break loose. Jonas Green 0700?
                            Salsa red Tundra, yellow Tarpon 140.
                            DaveO
                            Arnold/Annapolis
                            Yellow Tarpon 140

Comment

Y'all will be able to get your kayaks "on plane" using just a handkerchief for a sail Sunday, if the wind prediction holds true.
                              Attached Files
                              Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback
                              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X