Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly on the wall, now must speak...

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
    My response was well though out. You ham fisted the connector, and broke it.
    You don't know that, Cowpokey. As much as you'd like to vent your frustrations of supporting end users as a career field tech / engineer, I don't believe it applies here. You just don't have enough information to make this statement.

Regardless, without the blunt accusatory tones / cold subtext-wielding responses or blatant insults, it seems like the factual takeaways or knowns are:

1) Lowrance may or may not have properly designed or manufactured the connector to withstand regular consumer use (on a yak) and a wide range of marine and landborne conditions
    2) RavensDefence may or may not have forced the connector in such a way to make it fail
    3) Lowrance definitely failed to make the failed part consumer serviceable / replaceable - most likely an intentional product management decision to derive service revenue and/or reduce costs / and/or connector failure points
    4) Lowrance definitely failed to provide, in RavensDefence;s opinion, a decent level of customer service to support the product post-warranty expiration
    5) Lowrance appears to have less than stellar record of support for their products, beyond the sale, in the eyes of this website's users / owners of their products / other reviews of their products.

With these actual knowns, I'll take a man of this community for his word over some faceless corporation with a less than stellar reputation.
    -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

I just had the same problem on my elite 4. I just paid $183 ( I think) for the elite 5 hdi. By just I mean 5 weeks ago and the new unit just arrived. There is no bracket on the unit. The bracket costs $40 and the connector on the power wire is different so It looks like I'll have to spend over $100 for a new transducer. I think the whole deal is a waste of time and money.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your experience. That is not a good sign for my future though. Haha. I spoke with them today and the customer service rep did not seem to believe me when I told him about my Facebook/email conversation with a manager. I guess there was some miscommunication; which I understand happens. I sent them a copy of everything and am waiting for a call back.

It doesn't look like I'll have it in time for the CCA of TKAA tourneys unless I buy one off amazon now and sell the one they send me when it finally arrives.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
        Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X