Breakers in the breakers at St Jeromes Ck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breakers in the breakers at St Jeromes Ck

Got home early from camping and went to see if there was an evening bite at St Jeromes Creek
    Wind was from just the wrong direction so things were pretty rough in the shallows.....
    IMG_0008.jpg
    ...hard to get feel for it in photo, but i was consistently taking water over the side of the old gift horse. The rockfish were hitting a 4" Yamamoto Tate' topwater lure. They hit it so hard and consistently, that it sprung a leak and would not float....but that remarkable lure still "walked" subsurface. Catch inclided my first 20"+ rock of the year and another bigger one that broke a hook off the lure at the boat.
    Lovely sunset on way home....winds died with the sun
    IMG_0009.jpg
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

glad you got that first keeper. its plaguing many snagged liners this year. yesterday sure was an evening bite for me. didn't catch crap and smith creek but last night as the sun was going down i caught 10 quick stripers but the closest to 20 was an 18.75. oh well.... another day...
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

I wanted to get down for the evening top water bite, Kevin, but decided that I would just hold off and fish the tournament Saturday
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
        I wanted to get down for the evening top water bite, Kevin, but decided that I would just hold off and fish the tournament Saturday
        It was a great bite, though they were still picky. Only thing they wa Ted was 4" white Yamamoto Tate' top water bait. By the time I was done, both treble had lost a hook and the bait wouldn't float! That lure is crazy, though, it walks subsurface just like it does on the top.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
        X