torqueedo on a slayer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torqueedo on a slayer?

Before I get flamed I need something to deal with the current in the Susquehanna when a partner isn't available for a float.I'm looking to be able to go upstream through deeper sections and be able to raise it for negotiating the shallows.can JA or anyone else tell me if the torqueedo will mount on a slayer 12 and maybe give some rigging suggestions?

The ball mount of the Torqeedo allows it to be installed on any yak. It's really an ingenious mounting system. There is also a guy that fishes the Susky and had a stump jumper custom made incase it hit a rock. PMd his name to you
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 09-07-2015, 11:02 PM.

Comment

thanks i was pretty sure it would be fine. how about steering? i dont have a rudder on the boat and have no experience using one. do i have to hook the torqueedo steering to the foot pegs etc?

Comment

I have never considered an electric motor for my kayaks so I cannot tell you much about them. I did a quick Google search typing "torqueedo" and "slayer" in the search box. I saw that a bunch of videos came up. Try looking there first.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by dpreller View Post
          thanks i was pretty sure it would be fine. how about steering? i dont have a rudder on the boat and have no experience using one. do i have to hook the torqueedo steering to the foot pegs etc?
          Yes if you want to steer ........ Would be difficult to steer with a paddle

Comment

Working...
          X