Friday 4 September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday 4 September

Is anyone hitting the water this Friday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

I will be, but I don't know where yet.

Wind is SUPPOSED to be from the ENE at 10 to 15 mph.. Thunder Showers in the afternoon.. but I am going out somewhere.. was thinking about Jonas Green but with a ENE wind that may not be the best.
    People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

I plan on it, but I have to drop my daughter off at daycare at 7AM first. No idea where to go just yet... I'm game to join or meet up with someone if they're looking for company though.
      Last edited by jmt1980; 09-03-2015, 04:24 PM.
      - Justin
      2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
      2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

that time frame works fine with me, I am not like SOME on this board who gets up at 4am to get on the water. I think Jonas Green might work well, easy to get to, nice launch site. The only issues with Jonas are the wind will be wrong if it gets much higher than 15mph and there will be lots of other watercraft to avoid... I have had luck there though.

I is always nice to fish with another Moken owner too. NY Style are you ok with these plans or do you have another idea? How about you Justin?

Comment

I haven't been there yet, and don't know where Jonas Green is. I'll try googling it.

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Friday 4 September

That's about an Hr from my house, what time did you guys plan on hitting the water? What is the launch like, sand or boat ramp? Any special permits required?

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

It's a beach launch, a short drag from the parking lot...no special permit required, closed @ dark

Comment

I am good with whatever time, I am testing my trolling motor setup anyways so if I get there early I can fiddle with it for a bit. 8Am is a bit optimistic for me but 830 is doable.. but I am open.

Comment

8ish works.

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

I was going to try Ft. Smallwood because I've never been there but I'm game for Jonas Green, it's always nice to meet with folks from the forum. I've fished Jonas Green before but I usually paddle across to Weem's for perch... I'd love to see the other areas JG has to offer, I've yet to catch my first keeper rockfish and I want a blue to toss in the smoker (I've never eaten one before)

8ish works for me, I'm good to fish until 1 or so - I'll be in a white Ram with the Moken poking out the back
                    - Justin
                    2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

I'm in a gray ridge line with a yellow outback... What do you use for perch?

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Bignose spinners!
                        - Justin
                        2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

hey Justin, i've searched for these big nose spinners and can't find em. is it a bait that someone on here makes at home? just wondering
                          Rich
                          Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

'Bignose spinners are like fight club.' LOL

Bignose makes them, search the forums, there should be tons of pictures of them, I can't seem to find any on my phone.
                            - Justin
                            2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

as always I am running late.. my ETA is 930.. see you on the water. I am in a Jeep wrangler with a Blue Camo Moken strapped to it. I have a VHF as well

Comment

Working...
                              X