Patuxent has lots of small trout 9/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patuxent has lots of small trout 9/2

Once again myself and Yak67 tried Piney Point this morning, and yet again the wind made fishing not pleasant. We picked up a few dinks but the quality of the fish wasn't worth the wave slapping we were getting. So off to Clark's Landing we went. Gary hooked up early with a double of rocks that were 15 and 17" and we thought game on. Kind of like RG III it was a false impression. We trolled for rocks for a while and then went over to where some birds were lazily working and came across a school of bluefish that tore up our lures but not before I had one for dinner tonight. After they dissipated I went looking for trout. I picked up 5 in about 30 minutes, unfortunately they were all running in that 8-10" class. They were liking a 3" white gulp on a 1/4 ounce jig and seem to be in 10' of water - if you could find that close to a shoreline it was almost guaranteed that you would pick one up. Gary picked up a random 12" croaker using his bottom rig with fish bites. He is catching these fish in places they shouldn't be and I can't explain his magic mojo to call them up. The action is still slow, but if you are willing to put in the miles you will catch fish.

001.jpg003.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

im gonna have to check this place out next week while im on my (going nowhere and fishing all day every day) vacation. they may not be keepers but i'd love to catch some. the water looked nice and calm for ya guys
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Nice going. I have not been down to Clarks landing in a long time. Any word of anyone catching spots down there?

Comment

Yak67 picked a nice spot up back in the creek, however most of the action is down near the holes around Point Patience, which is a fairly easy distance from Clark's. On the weekends the boat traffic can make crossing over to the Point a daunting task. Would perhaps be better to launch at the Solomon's bridge if spot was your target.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
        X