No announcement yet.

Backyard Boats Dennis - going sailing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backyard Boats Dennis - going sailing!

Ahoy,

Tis time for me to sail away after six years at Backyard Boats - Annapolis. Dan Hammack (dan@backyardboats.com) will take over the Annapolis shop on September 1. Dan was been with Backyard Boats 16 years and has worked most of those from our Woodbridge location. He knows the Hobie line thoroughly.

I would like to say thanks to all the great anglers on SnaggedLine. I've sent countless new-to-kayak-anglers to this site. Feedback from those folks has always been positive and appreciative of the resource whether they ended up with a Hobie or some other kayak.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for their referrals to Backyard Boats. We are mostly sailors but we pretend to understand you fisher-folks and crabbers. (Before I voyage offshore, I will be seeking advice on trolling from a sailboat in mid-ocean. Can't back down or stop, don't want anything bigger than a couple of meals.)

Good fishing to all,

Dennis
    s/v Ferrity

Man us Hobie fans are going to miss you! You really know how to smooth over our purchases with the Wifey's

All the best Dennis, go and enjoy yourself. You will be missed.

Gary T.
    Yak-67

PS-My order still in for the 2015 Outback Anniversary Limited Edition?

Comment

Gary - your order for the Outback LE is secure.

Comment

Bon voyage Dennis! Thank you for all that you have done to support the sport and grow kayak fishing in our area. You will be missed! Good to hear Dan is taking over though, we'll be in good hands!
        Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
        Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
        https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Bon Voyage guy ........ Thanks

Comment

Dennis,

My Revo has been my prized retirement toy.

Thank you for your support and assistance with it over the years.

I wish you very well and hope you find a "Revo" (something that gives you much joy) in your retirement.

Sincerely,
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Happy sailing, Dennis! Maybe we will see you utilizing wind power while we are casting or trolling...while pedaling!

Comment

Fair winds and following seas Dennis! Thanks for your great service with my Dad's and my Outbacks. As a former sailor who grew up sailing and racing boats out of Annapolis, I see a lot of similarities between sailors and those who kayak fish. I think they are cut from the same cloth.

Bon Voyage!

Jack
                Red Wilderness Tarpon 120
                2014 Papaya Hobie Outback

Comment

Congrats on retiring. Best of wishes on your new adventure. You'll be missed here. Thanks for all you have done.

Paul

Outback 2015
                  Maui

Comment

Dennis, best wishes to you on your next adventure. And thank you for all of your assistance over the last couple of years.
                    Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Shiver me timbers! Ransack that retirement!

There was a couple up in Alaska that trolled for salmon off of their 50' sailboat pretty regular, they caught plenty of fish, just a little more challenging when sailing is the mode of propulsion.

Arrr, stop back and share your adventures with us plastic pirates.

Good luck Dennis, enjoy your new adventure!
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

Dennis! Ah man, we'll miss you but wish you the best. You've always been very helpful and informative. Enjoy the sailing and be safe.
                        How far are you going and what's in your future? Keep us posted.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                        Kokatat Pro Staff
                        Torqeedo Pro Staff
                        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                        Alan

Comment

What a loss we're going to have. Have fun sailing. When you get tired sailing I got place for you at the farm. Lol .Good luck and e safe.Thanks for everything
                          2012 hobie outback
                          2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Well I would also like to wish you happy and safe travels. I had the good fortune of meeting Dennis just a few weeks ago then came home called him back up to place an order for my first Hobie. A Outback LE that I can not wait to sit my @ss in. Thanks Dennis !!!
                            2016 Hobie Outback Limited #220
                            2016 Jackson Cuda 12
                            2015 Emotion 11 Stealth Angler

Comment

Dennis -

Congratulations on your retirement and next adventure. You represented Hobie kayaks well and contributed to the kayak fishing community. Best wishes.
                              John Veil
                              Annapolis
                              Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                              X