Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CBKA 2015 Potluck

Default CBKA 2015 Potluck

We'd like to mix up and organize the Captain's Meeting potluck a little more this year. What do I mean? Last year we had 4 crock pots of chili, 80 bags of potato chips, 10 ketchups, mustards and mayo's plus more hamburger and hot dog buns than we could eat!

All that is not bad as we donated the leftovers to Camp Wright. They were grateful to receive it, too. But...

Reply to this thread if you plan to bring a dish, condiments, chips, stuffed jalapenos , bread, rolls, etc. Pay attention to earlier posters and try not to repeat offerings.

Let's mix it up! For more ideas here's a West Coast take on a pot luck:
    http://www.norcalkayakanglers.com/in...?topic=64663.0

My wife Donna will again set things up in the kitchen. See her with your items and she'll get it all organized. She'll make sure your pots, bowls, serving spoons are returned. (Tip: label anything with your name if you want to ensure you get it back or returned later)

Thanks, John
    John Foley, Tournament Director
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers
    571-236-4557
    www.chesapeakebaykayakanglers.com
    Hobie Revolution
    Cobra Explorer
    Carefree Boat Club
    www.carefreeboats.com
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers Fishing Tournament
    www.cbkainc.com

are there ovens to reheat dishes? i only ask as i will be coming up earlier in the day due to the long drive i have. i'd like to bring a few sheet pans of my roasted potatoes but if there is non oven there then i may change my mind on what to bring.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Can't believe it's almost here. Been like a kid waiting to go on vacation. Anyway that's what my wife says about me. She said she will be making brownies. See you all there. Really looking forward to it. Bob

large 7 layer dip and 1 bag of tortilla chips
    Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by fishinggod View Post
    are there ovens to reheat dishes? i only ask as i will be coming up earlier in the day due to the long drive i have. i'd like to bring a few sheet pans of my roasted potatoes but if there is non oven there then i may change my mind on what to bring.
    Yes, there is. Oven and a stove. It's a full service commercial kitchen that handles bunches of kids at summer camp. No problem. See my wife, Donna about your needs. She'll hook you up.

Roasted potatoes! Awesome!!

C'mon gang, need your menu items!
    Hobie Revolution
    Cobra Explorer
    Carefree Boat Club
    www.carefreeboats.com
    www.cbkainc.com

ok count me in for my roasted potatoes and squash. ill bring a few sheet pans worth.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

For Friday nights pitch in it doesn't have to be fancy just bring a dish. I'm working on my stuffed jalapenos . I know I did them last year but a few people said they where OK.
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Now we're starting to cook! :-)

Menu so far:
    Large 7 layer dip and 1 bag of tortilla chips
    Stuffed jalapenos (I know these :-) )
    Roasted potatoes and squash
    Brownies
    Hobie Revolution
    Cobra Explorer
    Carefree Boat Club
    www.carefreeboats.com
    www.cbkainc.com

you can put me down for some jalapeno cheddar beer bread as well. this is a great dipping bread. so if anyone brings chili or soup or stew it will go great with it.
    Rich

Hi- I am Evelyn Sauter,Ron's wife (and Ronnie's mom). I can come early to help out, and would be happy to make whatever you think doesn't make it onto the list of planned dishes but is needed. I am unsure of what will work, but could bring peach crisp, scalloped potatoes, or maybe a main dish like stuffed shells if any of those seem to be a fit. Please let me know what you think, and what time would be helpful. My home is 410 787 0389. I understand that the count is 60, and can bring enough for everyone.
    Thanks!
    Evelyn

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk