Curado issues big time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curado issues big time

I've owned Shimano Curados for many years. never had any issues with them. in fact, I recommended them to many folks for fresh or saltwater fishing. well, the newest version had all the great reviews and ratings and it even came in a bit lighter in weight. I loved the feel of em and for the first 7 or 8 outings they have been working 4.0. now out of the blue, the spool will not re-engage after the thumb tab is pressed and then reset by the handle being turned. I will also point out that I rinse my reels off every time I get done fishing salt water. my 5-8 year old curados have been through so much with 0 issues ever. I am not a happy camper. I soaked the reel overnight last night and this morning its working again so I know its due to corrosion. I guess im going to have to try and take it apart and spray it down. or......does anyone know of any shops that do reel repairs? if so , then ill just take them all in for a good cleaning and seal replacements. anyways, just wanted to let everyone know my opinion of the new versions. NOT A FAN!
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Old Inlet Bait & Tackle, @ them Delaware shore.

Comment

Stuff happens. Send it back to Shimano and they will fix it up.
      Hobie Revo 13 carribean blue

My YouTube Channel

Comment

Jerry Sersen is an authorized Shimano guy. He has done work on my Sustain and on several of my friends Shimanos. He is very good with Shimano Reels.
        http://www.reel-perfection.com
        Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
        Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

shimano is using lesser quality parts from malasia and charging you more and more every year...

they have sunk well below the market standards from what they used to be
          Zach Moore
          Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
          Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
          Bait Towel Pro Staff
          2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
          YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
          X