Perch Bonanza with Crab Feast on the Tred Avon River 8-22-2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perch Bonanza with Crab Feast on the Tred Avon River 8-22-2015

Coop1486 Decided to have an impromptu fishing outing with some of the Snaggedliners that he knows and have fished with before. The plan was to meet him in Easton at 8:00am at an estate property that he manages. The owner of this estate was the same individual who graciously donated a bushel of crabs to the 2014 CBKA Tournament for the Potluck Dinner after the Captain's meeting. The estate is on the Tred Avon River. Plan goal was to have a perch outing, and then conclude with a fish fry and crab feast on shore at the estate.

I arranged to meet a few of the Snaggedliners at the Wawa on Route 50 before the Bay Bridge at 7:00am. 22Tango was there when I arrived. Kitkatyaker soon arrived afterwards. We waited until 7:20am, just to make sure that there were not any other Snaggedliners coming to the Wawa. We did not want to leave anyone behind, since it might be difficult finding some of the private roads that lead to the estate. Well, off we went and when we got to Easton, MD, WhenIcan pulled in behind us. With our caravan of kayaks, we made it to the main road to the estate where Coop1486 and Plastic Boat was waiting for us. We followed Coop1486 to the launch area where we parked our cars. It was a beautiful day on the river. Sunny skies and a 10 mph hour breeze in the main river and almost zero wind in the side creeks and cove. The water in the main was stained due to the prior days rain and the wind down the river. Since this was a perch outing, we all caught perch all day long. I must have caught 100 perch. Almost every other cast with my Grady Rig by Grady Black, I hooked up with fish. I even caught 10 Stripers from 12 inches to 17inches and my first keeper of 2015 at 20 inches. Plastic Boat caught a 21 incher I believe. He also hooked up with a cow nose ray, also known as double head, toward the end of the day along with a 10 inch speckle sea trout. Most of the perch that we caught were in shallow water of 3.5 feet or less. They ranged from 6 inches to 10.75 inches. We headed back in at 1:30pm and began to get the food ready. Plastic Boat and I fillet the fish with his 12 volt electric fillet knife. Coop1486 began steaming the crabs while everyone else started to get their food prepared. I handled seasoning and frying the fish, since that was taking the longest along with steaming the crabs. Coop1486 had setup a table for all of his in very large shed with views of the water all around. Once all of the food was ready, we chowed down to a bushel of crabs, fresh fried white perch, baked beans, fresh corn, chips, sodas and adult beverages. All of the food shared was great. It was a good time not to be missed. The crabs we great. The Crab Whisper Approved, as evidence by my pile of crab carcasses...lol. Kitkatyaker had so many crabs, that this was the first time ever that I saw her turn down taking some crabs home! We all thanked Coop for the Tred Avon outing and Crab Feast. We were having such a good time, that we did not leave the estate until 7pm. Well, a good time was had by all.
    Attached Files

Congrats on a great day, looks like a feast to me. Did you all catch the crabs, they really look delicious.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Moc, obviously i truly missed out. i should of paid 100 bucks to board my dog for the day. looked to be worth it by the photos. i coulda made that potato and squash dish for everyone. maybe there will be a next time.
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

That's what it's all about, in The Land of Pleasant Living!

Comment

Yummmmm! That looked like my kind of day. Thanks for the report that made me hungry.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Wow, what a great day to be on the water. Sounds like the fishing gods were looking out for your group-very envious!
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

What a great day! With the winds just awful Saturday, you guys found and Oasis on the water, and fish to boot! What a feast!! Sign me up for the next outing.

Yak67
              2015 Hobie PA-14

Comment

Good report Martin. You guys got plenty of pullage and a great meal too.
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

What a great day to be on the water. Everybody got good pullage and top it off crabs , fried perch ,bake bean and corn on the cob.Certainly was great to see the kayaker on the farm.Iam sure I will be doing this again.
                  2012 hobie outback
                  2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

good report and better eats.

Comment

Thanks coop for inviting me. I had a great time.

Comment

Good times! Thanks, Coop. Plus, it was fun fishing & chilling w/everyone!

Comment

That's what summer is all about right there!
                          Brian

Comment

No big deal guys..I'm sure i will be doing it again .Thinking of one for oyster.

2012 hobie outback
                            2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Working...
                            X