deep holes in mattawoman creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deep holes in mattawoman creek

I am going to be fishing mattawoman creek this comming weekend aug 29-31 For the first time. I am looking for big cat hangouts like deep holes maybe? Aswell as any tip or tricks you might have

upstream from Slavins launch is a couple of my favorite catfish holes...one is within sight of the ramp right in the main channel- above the launch in the middle of the first curve...
    "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
    2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
    "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
    Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Launch at Slavin's / Mattingly Park and go to the right (down stream). Just after you see the Indianhead fence on your right, watch your depthfinder for an 18' hole. That's the deepest spot I've seen on the upper part of the creek. Helps to have a moving tide and your favorite catfish bait. I like mullet chunks. Good luck.

Comment

What size cats are around there? I dont have a depth finder on my jon boat but can probally use a string. Is the creek wide there?

Comment

Originally posted by ronaultmtd View Post
          upstream from Slavins launch is a couple of my favorite catfish holes...one is within sight of the ramp right in the main channel- above the launch in the middle of the first curve...
          Is it legal to run a trot line for them? How big do you catch them?

Comment

without a depth sounder you are not going to be able to find the "holes" but if you fish near the channel on a moving tide using cut bait and/or chum you should score some decent cats- I've seen them upstream of Slavins in the 30 pound class
            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
            X