The Dark Side... Not So dark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side... Not So dark

So a buddy of mine is leaving the country for a few weeks and has lent me his Hobie Revo 13. I believe it's the 2012 model with upgraded turbo fins. Anyways I've been growing more curious about these mysterious peddle yaks over the summer. I know they're completely normal and not really mysterious at all anymore, but I've still been hesitant.
    Yesterday I may or may not have played hooky and took it out for the first time. WOW! I'm very impressed and very grateful I have the chance to take it out a few more times before he gets back. Otherwise I may have been randomly coming home with one and in a lot of trouble with my wife. I could probably write up a blog post on how much I liked it. I dont have to tell you guys how great it is. Most of you have had some type of Hobie or peddle craft for some time now, but I do have some pictures to upload. I think it will impress in terms of Revo (Hobie) stability.
    I didn't do much fishing from it at all, which I'll try more of in a few days and also try and build a rocket launcher to get the full effect. Too bad I couldn't slap on a fish finder. Guess I'll be beating the banks and get a true feel for hands free fishing.
    4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
    The last pic is me finding that breaking point and forcing a turtle. I honestly did have to force it pretty far before I could even get it on one side and then go even farther to flip. I would have fell out before the boat tipped, but I had the paddle there to catch me.

I did get wet. I can only upload one video so I chose the successful take, but there is another pretty funny clip of me falling straight in.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Impressive spin move. Hope you had those pedals tethered during your dynamic testing or it could have been an expensive free ride ��
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I think you're using it wrong, hahaha! You want something called a stand up paddle board!
      Enjoy your buddy's and I'm sure you'll hide one from your wife any day now.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
      Kokatat Pro Staff
      Torqeedo Pro Staff
      Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
      Alan

Comment

ah you now have the itch!!!! it won't be long before you have to scratch it. soon you will be providing your wife a new budget that sets out a savings plan to afford one. or stashing cash each paycheck to save secretly. its a whole new world. enjoy
        Rich
        Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Believe it or not my wife is on board lol. Probably because she'll be using it if she comes out with me. I did some fishing with it today and really enjoyed correcting my position by just turning the rudder. I have a really nice paddle but it's still a pain to use it with one hand. I also fished further out than I ever have before. I generally have a section on water that I get to when it's about time to head back. I almost doubled that distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          -Jon
          Revo 13

Comment

Working...
          X