Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak with County Executive Steve Schuh Tomorrow/Thursday August 20 2015

Hi all,

Kayak with County Executive Steve Schuh tomorrow/Thursday morning August 20 2015 at Beverly Triton Beach Park. Be there with your boat unloaded and ready to go at 9:30 am. There will be a press conference at 10:00 am and then we all launch and head for Carrs Wharf. Steve Schuh will tell us about his plan for the 1.1 million dollars for water access in his first budget. You'll be able to ask questions. Show up and show that we care. Wind forecast is 10+ SSE, possibility of thunderstorms ~ 1pm. See you there!

I just found out about this myself.

Lisa

He may never have seen a fishing yak.

Lisa

Comment

POSTPONED until TOMORROW/Friday at 1:30 pm! Time to start pressing for the Magothy!

Weather Delay - sorry!

The County Executive Steve Schuh press conference and kayak trip is POSTPONED until tomorrow/Friday August 21 2015 at 1:30 pm. Have your boats ready to go at 1:00 pm, press conference at 1:30 pm, launch ~ 2:00 pm.

It's time to start pressing for the Magothy. The old road down to the water at Beachwood would take half a day to clear and Spriggs Farm Park has been ready to open since Rec&Parks built a parking lot at Spriggs in Summer 2013. Same old story - Spriggs is closed because the neighbors don't want it open.

Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa View Post
        Hi all,

Kayak with County Executive Steve Schuh tomorrow/Thursday morning August 20 2015 at Beverly Triton Beach Park. Be there with your boat unloaded and ready to go at 9:30 am. There will be a press conference at 10:00 am and then we all launch and head for Carrs Wharf. Steve Schuh will tell us about his plan for the 1.1 million dollars for water access in his first budget. You'll be able to ask questions. Show up and show that we care. Wind forecast is 10+ SSE, possibility of thunderstorms ~ 1pm. See you there!

I just found out about this myself.

Lisa

I love the optimism of this post.

Good thing they rescheduled. I would come but I don't live in Anne Arundel County. Its been my experience that politicians don't care to talk to folks that can't vote for them. Hope it goes well tomorrow.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I would go, but unfortunately, I cannot get out of work with all of the work that we have.

Comment

I wish I had off as well, client meetings are KILLING my fishing schedule!

Next up: MONDAY Meet President Obama talking about his plan to limit arctic drilling and increase water access. Point Lookout, expect a 40 mile offshore paddle, hurricane and all craft warning in effect, winds SSE 58+ knots, waves 13-18 ft.
            -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Originally posted by Dimo View Post
              I wish I had off as well, client meetings are KILLING my fishing schedule!

Next up: MONDAY Meet President Obama talking about his plan to limit arctic drilling and increase water access. Point Lookout, expect a 40 mile offshore paddle, hurricane and all craft warning in effect, winds SSE 58+ knots, waves 13-18 ft.
              Hey, 10+ SSE is when the kiteboarders start thinking about showing up at Beverly Triton. Shift change.

Lisa

Comment

Time to pull out my traction kite then and invent a new fishing sport ;-)

I'm only messing around, thanks for the heads up on the event!
                -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

Working...
                X