Scouting put in/take out spots on the river

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scouting put in/take out spots on the river

Beautiful morning down here in the Richmond, VA area yesterday.

I stopped at a Lowes store and picked up a few small items, got some gas, drove to Tractor Supply and looked at some gun safes and then headed down Rt. 360 west to Amelia County.

I had some directions from awhile back I'd written down while going over the map on the internet. I still got confused/turned around once I got out there. I only crossed the river at two bridges and only one of them had a good wide/graveled spot to part near the bridge.

I ran into a couple of VA State Troopers running a checkpoint (out on a small two lane country road of course) with their cars parked beside the road and flares set out in the middle of the road. No issues after they checked my license and I went on down the road. That's when I got turned around/off my directions/instructions. I went on through to Rt. 13 and should have turned left and went farther west but I turned around and came back down Rt. 681 and got to wave at the troopers again.

The river looks pretty darn shallow but that's okay. I've got to get on it and float down it to find out if it's worth repeating the trip.

I am so looking forward to a couple of river float trips. I've just got to make another scouting trip (wrote up some new/more detailed instructions) to find a second, or hopefully even third, bridge with suitable put in/take out and parking room.

Down here, the rivers should be good well up into November (meaning not to cold).
Working...
X