Anyone want company Saturday AM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want company Saturday AM?

SPSP hasn't been very productive and I'm dying to explore some new areas. I don't want to explore solo, my luck I'll end up stranded somewhere. I'm not looking for a babysitter either, if you have an area you want to explore that you don't know and want someone to go with you because there's safety in numbers - I'm your guy.

I'm in Severn and I'm up for a drive but not a road trip - shoot me a PM.
    - Justin
    2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
    2018 Jackson Coosa

ill be fishing around my house for sure unless the wind blows me out, then ill be going over to Smith creek.. but i believe you would consider Dameron MD being a road trip.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
      ill be fishing around my house for sure unless the wind blows me out, then ill be going over to Smith creek.. but i believe you would consider Dameron MD being a road trip.
      That's a 2 hour ride, thats outside my range unless I can make it an all-day thing and right now I don't have that luxury. I appreciate the offer though, I might take you up on it in the future!
      - Justin
      2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Where'd you have in mind? I agree, I'd rather avoid SPSP. I met up with a few folks a few weeks ago in Kent narrows. Caught my first MD stripper there. MD hasn't produced any keepers for me yet. I might consider doing that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm also not above trying someplace new either.

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Out of curiosity--what's happening in SPSP that you want to avoid? Is the bite off? Another fellow and I are planning to hit SPSP this Saturday, but we might be able to readjust if the season/migration is off and there's another viable alternative.
            I need a good paddling

Motorized 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            Garmin Echomap 93sv
            RIP, favorite St. Croix Rod

Comment

Originally posted by Huntrava View Post
              Out of curiosity--what's happening in SPSP that you want to avoid? Is the bite off? Another fellow and I are planning to hit SPSP this Saturday, but we might be able to readjust if the season/migration is off and there's another viable alternative.
              I'm that fellow. Help us out guys. I need to get on my first Chesapeake bay rockfish.
              2015 Outback

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32..._as=subscriber

Comment

I've only been there a handful of times, and have been skunked every time. That's what's turned me off. But, I am new to this area, and may be doing something wrong there. It seems like the bites been off there in general.

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by NYstyle View Post
                  But, I am new to this area...
                  That makes three of us.

Scrumptrelecent and I are game for fishing other locations if other folks are up for it. We are going to be in the area around 5:30 Saturday morning. I've never been on the Chesapeake, but Kent island looks very promising.
                  I need a good paddling

Garmin Echomap 93sv

Comment

I don't know if I'll be able to make it.. I had luck launching out of, goodhands, I think is what it was called, but you'll need a parking permit.

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Bay Bridge (according to reports) has been holding some nice size fish. I have not made it out there yet this year, but will attempt to soon. I usually strive for the Severn, because the creeks allow some wind protection and it's rare to skunk there.
                      J

Comment

Originally posted by NYstyle View Post
                        I don't know if I'll be able to make it.. I had luck launching out of, goodhands, I think is what it was called, but you'll need a parking permit.

Goodhands offers plenty of areas to try. The wind forecast on Sat morning is for 12-15 knots from the north. You need to find an area where the land mass blocks the wind. The breakwater is likely to be a tough spot with those winds.

Another consideration for launching from Goodhands is the relatively limited parking areas. If you choose to go there on a weekend, plan to get there early.

FYI, I trolled the shallows at Goodhands on Wed with winds from the south at 10-12 knots. I never got to the breakwater, but found some sheltered areas along shorelines and caught 14 stripers, including 18", 19", and 20" in about three hours. Large fish are not easy to find there now.
                        John Veil
                        Annapolis
                        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                          Goodhands offers plenty of areas to try. The wind forecast on Sat morning is for 12-15 knots from the north. You need to find an area where the land mass blocks the wind. The breakwater is likely to be a tough spot with those winds.

Another consideration for launching from Goodhands is the relatively limited parking areas. If you choose to go there on a weekend, plan to get there early.

FYI, I trolled the shallows at Goodhands on Wed with winds from the south at 10-12 knots. I never got to the breakwater, but found some sheltered areas along shorelines and caught 14 stripers, including 18", 19", and 20" in about three hours. Large fish are not easy to find there now.
                          Apparently we need a pass to park at Goodhands? What's the scoop with that?
                          I need a good paddling

Garmin Echomap 93sv

Comment

I don't know what I've been doing wrong at SPSP but I have yet to catch a keeper. I've caught exactly 1 Rockfish (from my kayak) and it was ~12". I've snagged a CNR and a few perch out there but that's it. Saturday AM I'm taking my brother-in-law and heading for Mattawoman Creek for some bass and snakehead (hopefully).
                            - Justin
                            2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

We can pick up day passes for good hands at the Angler Sport center in Annapolis.

2015 Outback

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32..._as=subscriber

Comment

Working...
                              X