St. Inigoes. Sunday 08/16/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Inigoes. Sunday 08/16/15

Put in at St. Inigoes. 7:45. Weather was outstanding. Even if nothing was around it wouldn't have mattered. January will be here before we know it. Caught a dozen quick shorts along the rocks then went back into the creek looking for trout. Didn't see any. Had a bottom rig out while jigging and caught a couple flounder, some croaker and perch. Moved to the mouth of the creek late morning. Shorts were breaking everywhere for acres. Caught a bunch then moved 3.5 miles down river to outside of Potters Creek. (see pic) Midday bite was excellent but still nothing legal. (Most 17"-18" / Consistently bigger than what I saw around Inigoes)

Picture 582.jpgPicture 576.jpgPicture 553.jpg
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

Nice report. Should have gone there instead of PLO.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

How long was that flounder? Hard to tell since I am not familiar with the dimensions on the predator

I love those 18-19 inch rockfish but it is so frustrating to catch fish consistently just under the keeper limit.....LOL

kf
      14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
      2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
        How long was that flounder? Hard to tell since I am not familiar with the dimensions on the predator

I love those 18-19 inch rockfish but it is so frustrating to catch fish consistently just under the keeper limit.....LOL

kf
        I took the Ultra on Sunday. Always makes the fish look bigger..... Believe me, it was no doormat. More like a credit card with fins.
        Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
        Predator 13

Comment

That shore line picture. Is that from the ramp off Beachville Rd?
          Hank

Lime Ocean Kayak Tetra 12

Comment

The shoreline looks like the entrance to Potters Creek, south of the Beachville Road launch. I think it's closer to Potters from PLO but doable from either launch.
            Mike
            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Originally posted by Toadfish View Post
              That shore line picture. Is that from the ramp off Beachville Rd?
              As Mike said, it's the entrance to Potters Creek and is closer to PLO.
              Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
              Predator 13

Comment

Thanks,
                I have a place on St Inigoes creek, The other side of the navy base. I hadn't seen that shore line.
                we do well bottom fishing with blood worms for hardhead, perch & occaisional puppy drum.
                Hank

Lime Ocean Kayak Tetra 12

Comment

Haha..that is where I sunk my Malibu Stealth a couple weeks ago!
                  I have caught lots of rock and a trout there too

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk
                  14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                  2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                  X