Honga report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mytmouse View Post
    Lol that's right! The alley-oop! Cool to see you out there with him. I hope my kids love to fish enough to go out with me, enough to give me another reason to justify my trips to the wife! Ahahaha
    It does help! LOL!!
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
      Good snapshot. For I second, I thought your son was out sight-casting for cobia...lol...
      Soon enough... soon enough!
      -Mustafa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
        It does help! LOL!!
        That was really cool seeing your kid fishing off the back of the kayak. That's a great picture... it'll be fun to see how long that lasts when he starts growing like a summer tomatoe plant, and you can look back and say "remember when you could do this !"
        It's great you were able to spend quality time with him on the water, I'm sure it will be a day he'll never forget. I used to teach rock climbing in a program similar to Outward Bound, and my outpost shared the camp with our fishing instructor. We lived in tents in the mountains for the summer. While I don't have kids and missed out on that experience, the feeling of accomplishment in the eyes of the kids when they made a climb, rappel, or caught a fish, will never leave me.

Looks like you had a great day on the water

Comment

Originally posted by rob-kayak View Post
          That was really cool seeing your kid fishing off the back of the kayak. That's a great picture... it'll be fun to see how long that lasts when he starts growing like a summer tomatoe plant, and you can look back and say "remember when you could do this !"
          It's great you were able to spend quality time with him on the water, I'm sure it will be a day he'll never forget. I used to teach rock climbing in a program similar to Outward Bound, and my outpost shared the camp with our fishing instructor. We lived in tents in the mountains for the summer. While I don't have kids and missed out on that experience, the feeling of accomplishment in the eyes of the kids when they made a climb, rappel, or caught a fish, will never leave me.

Looks like you had a great day on the water
          Kind words and beautiful sentiment Rob. I really appreciate it!

Of course big thanks goes to Carter for taking these memorable moments and enshrining them in pictures so I can pull them out and say "remember when you could do this!" [emoji4]

Sent from Tapatalk
          -Mustafa
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

Of course big thanks goes to Carter for taking these memorable moments and enshrining them in pictures so I can pull them out and say "remember when you could do this!" [emoji4]
            They grow up so fast, and with all the other distractions in life, it's important to capture those moments. You don't see people putting pictures kids playing video games on their computer wallpaper. Well, maybe people do, but not in this house. LOL
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Dimo View Post
              Agreed, the Outback looks like a great option for carrying the occasional fishing kid. Great to see it in action.
              I'm sure you'll be upgrading as time and money allow. I was surprised to see you engaging on the last adventure with your current kayak. I started with a cheap SinK, it got the job done, but the fancy plastic boats are worth every penny.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

I am late to this thread since I was under the weather the last few days, but it was a nice outing. You could not ask for better weather. The kids on the trip had a great time and Cowpokey2 could really handle her kayak. I started the day off with several short rockfish. I then got a larger 17 inch and 18.25 inch rockfish. I had one good hit that peeled line every time that I got it to the boat, but it finally got off....bummer. I would have like to see what kind of fish it was. I could feel the headshake action so I new it was not a ray. It actually acted like a red drum, or a big rockfish. I did catch an unusual fish, a puffer fish.... He was a cute guy that was released safely after the kids took pictures of him. Beautiful water, but no keepers on this trip for me.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                  I'm sure you'll be upgrading as time and money allow. I was surprised to see you engaging on the last adventure with your current kayak. I started with a cheap SinK, it got the job done, but the fancy plastic boats are worth every penny.
                  This adventure was actually tepid compared to some other water I have been on, my restriction was prior commitments I had to make in the afternoon, hence not doing the full run. Neither time nor money are an issue, I have fished on the bay since I was 10 years old but this is the first year from a kayak. Before I go out and buy a SOT I wanted to make sure I knew what I wanted -- which I am very close to a decision on. For now I focus on the fishing and meeting new people, not the shape of plastic I sit on or in.
                  -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

SOT are the way to go. Get the best one you can, taking transportation and storage into account as well.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                      SOT are the way to go. Get the best one you can, taking transportation and storage into account as well.
                      Yup, that's the plan.
                      -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

When in doubt buy a Hobie... When on the fence buy an Outback
                        -Mustafa
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2012 Hobie Revolution 13

Comment

When in doubt buy a Hobie... When on the fence buy an Outback
                          Absolutely!
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                            I am late to this thread since I was under the weather the last few days, but it was a nice outing. You could not ask for better weather. The kids on the trip had a great time and Cowpokey2 could really handle her kayak. I started the day off with several short rockfish. I then got a larger 17 inch and 18.25 inch rockfish. I had one good hit that peeled line every time that I got it to the boat, but it finally got off....bummer. I would have like to see what kind of fish it was. I could feel the headshake action so I new it was not a ray. It actually acted like a red drum, or a big rockfish. I did catch an unusual fish, a puffer fish.... He was a cute guy that was released safely after the kids took pictures of him. Beautiful water, but no keepers on this trip for me.
                            Thanks for the pictures MOC! Hope you're feeling better.
                            Hobie fleet:
                            2017 Quest 13
                            2015 Outback
                            2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                            X