DIY trolling motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY trolling motor

This is for entertainment only folks..though I will give the guy and A+ for creativity. This is not for the serious kayaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxcHqwVZf2I
    Last edited by RustedAngler; 08-10-2015, 11:21 AM.
    Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
    2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
    2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
    2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

That's Nuts, I would give it 30 minutes in salt water.
    Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
    Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Excellent work, but I think belt driven would be better. He hits that metal prop on one of those rocks he was near and "something" is going to be broken.
      "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

certainly creative, but it seems he destroyed/damaged more money in tools than a trolling motor would have cost.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...-Motor&i=96477

I've been considering attaching one of these to the mirage drive plug. Already has a remote control, more than ample thrust. I think it would be really cool.
          2015 Hobie Outback
          2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

Originally posted by silasvirus82 View Post
            http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...-Motor&i=96477

I've been considering attaching one of these to the mirage drive plug. Already has a remote control, more than ample thrust. I think it would be really cool.
            Could do it a lot cheaper with a different saltwater rated trolling motor and some modifications.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Indeed creative, but amusing at the same time. I cannot imagine trying to quietly motor up to a school of bunker. That thing would put down the school in a heartbeat.

Like Cowpokey said, probably cheaper and a lot easier to buy something and mod it vs trying to MacGyver something from scratch.

Attached Files

Comment

[QUOTE=JKay;117166]Indeed creative, but amusing at the same time. I cannot imagine trying to quietly motor up to a school of bunker. That thing would put down the school in a heartbeat.

Like Cowpokey said, probably cheaper and a lot easier to buy something and mod it vs trying to MacGyver something from scratch.

Cowpokey was refering to the engine mount trolling motor I'm looking at, not the MacGyver rig on the original post, lol. I would never even attempt something like that unless I was retired and bored out of my mind
                2015 Hobie Outback
                2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

[QUOTE=silasvirus82;117168]
                  Originally posted by JKay View Post
                  Indeed creative, but amusing at the same time. I cannot imagine trying to quietly motor up to a school of bunker. That thing would put down the school in a heartbeat.

Cowpokey was refering to the engine mount trolling motor I'm looking at, not the MacGyver rig on the original post, lol. I would never even attempt something like that unless I was retired and bored out of my mind
                  Gotcha. I hear you on the spare time! Never enough of it in my world.

Comment

Working...
                  X