Need Battery and installation help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Battery and installation help

My wife bought me a nice Garmin Fish finder for my birthday. Now that I am able to get in my yak again (surgery) I was going to go out today but realized that I need a battery and all that installed. I used a Hummingbird before and it used a few AA's but this one is not the same. Now I have to get a battery and figure out how to rig it up and I have no clue where to even start on that. I would greatly appreciate some resources on how to get a battery installed/mounted on my kayak from start to finish. General pricing woudl be a great help as well. THANKS!!

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    My wife bought me a nice Garmin Fish finder for my birthday. Now that I am able to get in my yak again (surgery) I was going to go out today but realized that I need a battery and all that installed. I used a Hummingbird before and it used a few AA's but this one is not the same. Now I have to get a battery and figure out how to rig it up and I have no clue where to even start on that. I would greatly appreciate some resources on how to get a battery installed/mounted on my kayak from start to finish. General pricing woudl be a great help as well. THANKS!!
    What FF did you get? Need to know the specs before a proper recommendation can be made for the battery.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Garmin echo 301 DV

Comment

Garmin published "specs" are horrible. They list all models at 1A. I find that hard to believe since different screen sizes change the power consumption a good bit. With that said, at 1A a 7 amp hour battery should last 5 to 6 hours before low voltage causes the unit to power off, if it really draws 1 amp. Depending on how long you plan to be on the water between charging is how you need to shop for a battery.
        Attached Files
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
        X