need advice again (trolling setup)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice again (trolling setup)

i was hoping to get everyones opinions on what track assy and what kind of rod holders are best for trolling? i want a track system that works with many things yet rod holders for trolling will be the main thing i have on the tracks. any advice is greatly appreciated.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Check out my Hobie outback set up. the front ones are Scotty Rodmaster Ii Rod Holder I use them for trolling and they work well. on my outback they are mounted to a yak attack rail with the Scotty Gear Head Track Adapters. On the PA the are bolted to the mounting boards
    My pro angles is set up basically the same. I will get some pictures over the weekend of the PA14
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEgNg26OvlU

Comment

I'd love to see how you do it on the PA 14
      Rich
      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

I wanted the pole holder within easy reach. The Scotty's are bolted on with flush mounts.
        The fish finder, camera, cleat and anchor line holder are on the rail system.
        IMG_1989.jpg IMG_1988.jpg

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
        I'd love to see how you do it on the PA 14
        Last edited by plastic boat; 08-07-2015, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I am a fan of the YakAttack Zooka Tubes. They are simple and clean and can handle a spin or baitcaster with ease

http://www.yakattack.us/ZT_002_p/zt-002.htm

G0043686.jpg
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Plastic boat, on my PA i already have my fish finder mounted closest to me on the board and then the H'bar installed behind that. so mounting rod holders forward of that i feel will be too far forward for my pleasure unless i use mount extensions and i don't really want to do that. EMSer, so happy you put up a link. not only do i love those rod holders for being simple and universal, yak attack has rail mounts specifically made to mount to the rails on the 2014 PA. super stoked to have the rod holders for trolling right next to me and accessible when a bite happens. plus i will be able to use the mounts to set up a crabbing PVC trot line set up in the future. thanks again for all the advice from both of ya.
            Rich

Comment

Glad you liked the setup. It works great for me. Love the YakAttack products!
              Bruce

Hobie PA 14

Comment

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
                Glad you liked the setup. It works great for me. Love the YakAttack products!
                I see you have the extenders on your zookas..how do they hold up for heavy strikes? I am mounting to the '15 PA so I have the H-Rails...been looking at the zooka's but havent came up with a mounting solution yet.
                Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
                2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
                2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
                2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

They have held up just fine with strikes. I have had them loosen some but never fail. I will say that there have been times when trolling deeper rigs with some weight on them, that they have had issues keeping their position. They can rotate (loosen) over time.
                  Bruce

Hobie PA 14

Comment

Working...
                  X