Advice on weekend launches around Kent Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on weekend launches around Kent Island

My son and I are thinking about going out this weekend and fishing/crabbing around the eastern side of Kent Island. I have never launched in this area before but have my Queen Anne's permit so I should be good to go from an administrative stand point. My only worry is boat traffic. Can anyone provide comments on weekend boat traffic around 1) Good Hands, 2) Little Creek Landing, 3) Shipping Creek Landing?

I have read many of the fishing reports on Good Hands and also Romancoke. I only found 2 old posts regarding Shipping Creek and no reports on Little Creek. Since we are crabbing we will be staying closer to shore. Any advice on a preferred launch in this area for the weekend? Don't want to play kayak Frogger the entire time we are on the water.

Thank you in advance for the advice.

Jack
    Red Wilderness Tarpon 120
    2014 Papaya Hobie Outback

I was out at Goodhands last Saturday and it was busy. I hugged the shore, and was leery of trying to do some trolling in the spots we had covered during the weekdays. You have to have your head on a swivel and constantly monitor the boat traffic.
    Assume NONE of them can see you. Now that the crabbing reports are coming in as good crabbing, the "weekend" crabbers will be the greatest threat, and they had pots, traps and trot line everywhere last weekend, from shallows to deep, and close to the shore where the kayaks fish at.
    Be safe

Yak67
    2015 Hobie PA-14

Comment

I PM'ed you.... or will, or have...

Comment

Working...
      X