Leader connection knot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader connection knot

I've had my Albright knot connecting my fluorocarbon to braid fail a couple of times on me, most likely me not tying it correctly. After some research I'm trying an FG knot which is fairly simple to tie and after a few practices it seems solid. Has anyone had experience with it?
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

I've see the FG knot video but I use Uni to Uni knot with no issues. The FG knot seems to take longer to tie.
    Donnie

2012 Malibu Steath 14
    2013 Cuda 12

Comment

I have been using the FG on 2 of my rods all seasons. I have had some major snags that I was able to pull free with the knot never failing. Looks a little like over kill when people see it, but it saved a few lures for me. I found a pretty simple method on Youtube for tying it. My brother uses a PR knot with great success, but he does a lot of Blue Water fishing for bigger game. The PR is probably a better knot, but a time consumer to tie.
      Pelican Strike 100X

Comment

FG Knot all day..everyday for attaching mono or fluoro leaders..super tough and you can reel them right into the guides and cast it back out. I've been sold on it for awhile. Also found it on YouTube. Just practice tying it while watching t.v. one night. You'll be tying it eyes closed in no time.
        Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
        2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
        2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
        2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Looks like a nice knot. I will try it and see how much trouble it is to tie on the kayak. The double uni has served me pretty well for a long time though and don't see myself switching. Double uni is super easy to tie andt plenty strong most of the time (I did have a break off when livelining a 12" croaker a couple weeks ago and something massive took off with it...could have been a nick in the braid though). Will definitely try the fg for tying leader on my dedicated cobia rod when I hit cbbt.

Comment

Working...
          X