8/1 Kayak Crabbing Annapolis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8/1 Kayak Crabbing Annapolis

I am new to Snaggedline. Just wanted to share some pics and see if anyone trot lines, off their kayaks, like I do; without a motor. Went out last Sat. 300' line with CN and Clam Bags. Crabbed 4 hours with almost a full bushel. Was a Great Morning, on the WaterIMG_0287.jpgIMG_2744.jpgIMG_3605 (1).jpgIMG_9094.jpg

Welcome aboard! I'm rather new myself and have yet to get out on the water for geographical reasoning, but you'll find that quite a few snaggedliners do crab from their vessels. If you query search kayak crabbing, you'll have enough to read to make think about it all day. There's a TON of knowledge amungst these people; I'm trying to make like a sponge and soak it all up myself. Tight lines.
    Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
    2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
    2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
    2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Thanks I will poke around and see what I can find

Comment

Welcome!
        Here's basically the history of Kayak Crabbing on this thread. We keep adding to it as the years go by and we learn new things. There's quite a few videos in the thread as well. It looks like you should add to it! http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...Kayak-Crabbing

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
        Kokatat Pro Staff
        Torqeedo Pro Staff
        Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
        Alan

Comment

Thank you for your help, navigating through the site

Comment

Always glad to welcome another kayak crabber. There are a few of us on this forum. We also have a crab division in our CBKA Tournament in September.

Comment

welcome aboard! lots of into here. looks like youve got a gerat set up. ive yet to trot line, but plan on in the future. ive been poorman hand lining in the creeks from the kayak, lol
              sigpic

Comment

Welcome aboard! Went out trotlining today from the yak and ended up with about a half bushel of fatties.
                J

Comment

Jman, do you use a motor or pedal drive? how many feet is you line? I find 300' is about all I can manage, on a pedal drive kayak

Comment

I wanted to register for the CBKA tournament but, unfortunately, it coincides with the MD Seafood Festival. I organize the Annapolis Crab Derby, at the festival.

Comment

I recently acquired a pedal drive😃 I just updated my line to 300' today. I can't imagine doing more than that. I made mine by hand, which results in occasional tangles, but generally manageable.
                      J

Comment

We meet at AMM when you were unloading your catch. I asked if you were on Snaggliners. One of our members-Moc has been crabbing from a yak for a few years and has a couple of videos. Glad you had a good day.
                        John Rentch
                        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Nice. I agree, more than 300' would be difficult to manage. I'm glad to hear someone else kayak crabbing without a motor. I believe the point in owning a kayak is to self propel

Comment

I remember you. Thanks for referring me to the forum. I will look for the videos

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie Wan Kenobie View Post
                              Jman, do you use a motor or pedal drive? how many feet is you line? I find 300' is about all I can manage, on a pedal drive kayak
                              I run 600' and I feel that's my limit. I recently started using a Torqeedo, but that's not really while running the line. I use it more to save energy getting to the spot and also returning to the beginning of the line.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
                              Kokatat Pro Staff
                              Torqeedo Pro Staff
                              Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
                              Alan

Comment

Working...
                              X