Cape Henlopen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cape Henlopen

We are going fishing at cape henlopen next week..any information or suggestions you can share would be appreciated! Thank you.
    Last edited by jktom; 08-02-2015, 12:35 PM.

I've only been there one time, but we did catch a few croaker and some flounder. Fish bites or bloodworms for croaker, spring for the bloodworms, they out did fishbites 5 to 1. For flounder we used live mud minnows, the bite was slow, but fish were caught. Hanging on the out going side of tide around pier pilings worked.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

If you launch at the state park you will need wheels that are good for sand. soft sand

Croaker love night crawlers.
      little blues will be everywhere. they will hit anything that moves
      Flounder like gulp on a buck tail or jig head. I have done best on the incoming tide.
      The trigger fish should be there any day now. I have caught them on a left over piece of gulp that the blues tore up.
      You may also find some sheephead around any of the breakwater walls. they like mole crab (sand fleas)

Comment

Originally posted by plastic boat View Post
        If you launch at the state park you will need wheels that are good for sand. soft sand
        Sand wheels are not to be discounted in thought. Wow, what a difference they make. First time using them was today for me, a fully loaded Outback was easy to drag through launch and landing. Cowkid2's Outback was a bad dream both ways with the HD cart. The beach wheels won't be on the stern of my kayak again though, they are big and drag in the water.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
        X