Slayer Propel 10 Lowrance Elite 5 HDI track mount options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer Propel 10 Lowrance Elite 5 HDI track mount options

I am installing my Elite 5 HDI in my new Slayer Propel 10. I got the transducer and battery mounted ok, but right now I have it mounted on one of the small tracks right in front of the pedals, using 2 track mounts. This location is ok but it is difficult to reach, and the pedals sometimes obstruct my view. I want to move the mount to the right hand side track that runs along the side of the kayak. I saw the RAM mount that looks nice and I could use a 1.5" track mount RAM ball to mount it?. Are there any other alternative mounts or methods that I should check out as well or is the Ram mount the best way to go? The rail mounts I have now will not give me a secure mount in that orientation. I would prefer the track mount method so I don't have to drill into my new yak.
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

First off, congratulations for joining the Slayer Propel ranks. I mounted my FF/GPS in the small track on the left side in front of the pedals. I have long arms and still need to lean forward to reach the buttons. If you want to relocate to the longer gear track, there are various options. I can refer you to several other sites for more information on mounting electronics by Slayer Propel owners:

1) Go to http://nativeownersgroup.com/. Choose the Slayer Propel forum.

2) On Facebook there is a private forum (you can request permission to join) for Slayer Propel owners. Go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/slayerpropel/.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thanks, I checked out the Native forum and got some good ideas. I used the shock cord paddle holder idea as well. So far happy with the yak, a huge upgrade from the sit inside yak I had before.
      Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

Working...
      X