Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is the Bay Bridge traffic from Kent Island to Annapolis on Sunday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is the Bay Bridge traffic from Kent Island to Annapolis on Sunday?

Marylanders,
    How bad is the Bay Bridge traffic from Kent Island to Annapolis on Sunday during August?
    I am planning to fish Delaware (CHSP) this Sunday. Is 6 PM still bad? What time period should I avoid?

Thank you
    Joe
    Fish like there's no tomorrow.
    Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Joe,

The following link will give you some clues. Suggested weekend travel times are listed.

http://www.baybridge.maryland.gov/Ne...fic_Advisories

However, an accident near the bridge can change everything as can bad weather at the beach which will bring folks home sooner than planned.

If the fishing is worth a potential backup I wouldn't let the bridge deter you. Traffic moves well most of the time.

Good luck,
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

its always hit or miss , especially sunday afternoons . one disabled vehicle or a fender bender and it goes to hell and stays that way the rest of the day while they open and close the west bound left lane to alleviate the back ups that happen in both directions . 6 pm sunday is not a good time to be headed west across the bay but then again it MIGHT be fine that particular sunday . for some reason anyone that breaks down on the 120 + mile trip to ocean city does it on that 4 mile stretch ! last sunday west bound was clear most of the day but the sunday before it was backed for miles
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

it can be brutal. 3 weeks ago it too me a little under 2 hours to get to the bridge from the outlets, that was around 3pm on a sunday. the backup started around route 404
        sigpic

Comment

Joe we fish there Saturday in the Delaware paddlesports tourney not much action at all and the water was dirty tried again yesterday afternoon but the storms ran me off and water was still very dirty.

Comment

Thank you for the Info. I knew the traffic would be bad in summer on Sunday. It was all my fault that I can't fish on Saturday.

Thank you.
            Joe
            Last edited by ComeOnFish; 07-30-2015, 05:22 PM.
            Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)

Comment

Where are you go fishing in Delaware
              2014 Hobie Outback
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
              2nd PLACE
              Slam Division

Comment

Originally posted by jet View Post
                it can be brutal. 3 weeks ago it too me a little under 2 hours to get to the bridge from the outlets, that was around 3pm on a sunday. the backup started around route 404
                Was that 4th of July weekend? If so, all the traffic coming back from OCMD for the holiday weekend probably had a some effect on that.

I don't have a reasonable first hand experience though.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Ken kayak View Post
                  CHSP = Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, DE
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

OP, go in September instead. Less traffic, less people and better fishing.

John
                    John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
                    MK Endura Max 55 backup power
                    Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Originally posted by Ken kayak View Post
                      I was planning to hit the Outer Wall off CHSP. But I gave up fishing on Sunday because of the traffic info from the members. I need to be at work by 3 AM on Monday.
                      I think I will try after the Labor Day weekend.

Joe

Comment

Working...
                      X