Black Hills ~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Hills ~

Hey guys, I'm planning a trip to Black Hills on Sat (First Time). If anyone is interested in meeting up...the more the merrier. Since I have not fished it before I was wondering if anyone and any recommendations on area's to hit? I heard it is a big lake so the less time I waste fishing unproductive area's the better. Any help would be appreciated!!!! Thanks Guys & Gals

I've only been there once and didn’t go too far ( I mainly fished the area right by the boat ramp) I caught a good amount of crappie there on some structure in the middle where a pole is sticking up. I talked to another guy who was pretty experienced while I was there and he said he hasn't had much luck with bass this year. I would love to come try it out though. what time are you getting there?

Comment

ill be there when it opens. Im going to head down to the tress that stick up.

Comment

I just shot you a PM
        Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

are you putting in at the boat ramp or the 121 bridge pull off area?

Comment

i do really well on both creeks on the right and left side,

the left side goes wayyyy back into another smaller creek and thats where i usually tear up the bass.. its a hike tho

and of course around the bridge theres a creek up on the left ive caught 20 bass out of before
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Update...I met a couple of snaggedline members out at Black Hills today. We launched around 6:00am. I was really impressed with the fishery overall. Nice grass and steep drop offs. The water was super clear (maybe 10 feet). Ended up with 6, included one 4 lber. The fishing overall was tough. Many locals I spoke with caught 1 or 2. Thanks to Turtle for giving me some direction. I caught all of my fish on the left side; both left and right of the bridge. I caught 5 on a chatterbait and 1 on a shakey head. I will defenitly go back in the fall. Being the summer, it seemed like once the sun got up (10:00am) the bite completly shut down.

Comment

Any day you get a 4 pounder is a good day. Kind of surprised at the clear water given all the storms and it does make for tougher fishing. Thanks for the follow up report.
                Mike
                Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Black hills stay very clear year round . It's a very nice fishery but yes once the sun comes up the bite usually slows way down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Zach Moore
                  Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                  Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                  Bait Towel Pro Staff
                  2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                  YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
                  X