honga and annapolis, 7.25-26.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honga and annapolis, 7.25-26.15

grilled and i fished south on saturday. not much to report, as i only caught grass and a few dink rockfish. grilled got the same with the addition of a speck. the whole morning was pretty much slack tide it seemed like, so grilled decided to take an hour long nap, lol. i think i'm done making that drive until fall. sunday, wife and i went crabbing from our kayaks, caught 17 crabs in 2 hours just hand lining, then they disappeared. luckily, she doesnt eat seafood, so my lunch was pretty damn good!

IMG_20150725_102220189.jpgIMG_20150725_115654064.jpgIMG_20150725_120441379.jpgimage3.jpgIMG_20150726_100813138_HDR.jpg
    sigpic

Nice looking spec.
    But I don't recognize that shoreline with the 2 big black walls.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
      Nice looking spec.
      But I don't recognize that shoreline with the 2 big black walls.
      Maybe we should start a thread showing examples of the most creatively disguised backgrounds.

Here is one of mine. Raptor saw the photo and referred to the spot as the "Fog Bank". The name stuck, and is now in use among the OGWLF group.

Aa.jpg

Congratulations to Grilled on the big spec.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Nice to see the speck are around. I love that area. I'll have to remember about the black wall. Very creative. ^ I like the "Fog Bank".

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Great report thanks for letting us know. I always wanted to take a nap no the kayak like that.

Comment

honga and annapolis, 7.25-26.15

Hahahaha those Black walls are pretty distinct. I could probably find them on google maps. Nice crabs! Thanks for the report. I've been wondering about that place. Still a bit early it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            -Jon
            Revo 13

Comment

I was hoping the "grass" problem was over...dang it's been two months since I was there and it's still bad. What the heck is causing it?

At least there was a speck, thanks for the report.
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Are the green flies still around as well?

Comment

You probably need to go in the spring to avoid the grass. It's always been my experience that the grasses and weeds get taller and thicker as the summer progresses.

Sent from my PalmPilot using Tapatalk
                  2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
                  Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

there are two types of grass to me, tall grass that it growing and then floating grass on the surface that foul up your lure. pretty sure the floating grass is from the watermen working down there, and wasnt toooo bad this time, but still had to clean lines every few minutes when trolling. the tall grasses are in full force and thick, so pretty hard to fish anything less than 4'. so thick that i had to pull up my mirage drive and rudder at times
                    sigpic

Comment

Nice job on the crabs..... now I am hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                        I was hoping the "grass" problem was over...dang it's been two months since I was there and it's still bad. What the heck is causing it?

At least there was a speck, thanks for the report.

I was on Honga River yesterday, didn't encounter any grass problems. Specs and puppy drum are around, you just need to find them. Also encountered plenty of small stripers...

Comment

Originally posted by AmberjackYakin View Post
                          I was on Honga River yesterday, didn't encounter any grass problems. Specs and puppy drum are around, you just need to find them. Also encountered plenty of small stripers...
                          Good to know that the grass problem is finally over. Hope to get over there soon, maybe next weekend.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by AmberjackYakin View Post
                            sweet. were you casting or trolling?
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X