No announcement yet.

New to Kayak Fishing and this site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have plenty of time to figure out what you want. Take a look at all of the options out there, and go from there. I'd be willing to bet you need to mark this thread and come back to it in the future..my guess is that you will be getting out of the budget kayak section sooner than later.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
      You have plenty of time to figure out what you want. Take a look at all of the options out there, and go from there. I'd be willing to bet you need to mark this thread and come back to it in the future..my guess is that you will be getting out of the budget kayak section sooner than later.
      Lol yea you are right. Just didn't want to hit the $1000 mark. But I will definitely do some more research between now and then.

We'll I'm off to bed thanks again for all the info and the company. Don't be a stranger.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
      Ascend FS10' Sit In Kayak (CAMO) w/Lowrance Elite-4x Chirp Fishfinder w/DownScan Imaging.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Boy View Post
        Lol yea you are right. Just didn't want to hit the $1000 mark. But I will definitely do some more research between now and then.

We'll I'm off to bed thanks again for all the info and the company. Don't be a stranger.

Take your time looking at prices of other kayaks. LOL The $1000 mark happens fast.

My wife isn't completely in the dark when it comes to how much I spend on kayak fishing; but we (read:I) don't bring it up. We also don't bring up how much she spends on worthless things....like food to feed the family. Gotta pick your battles.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
          Take your time looking at prices of other kayaks. LOL The $1000 mark happens fast.

My wife isn't completely in the dark when it comes to how much I spend on kayak fishing; but we (read:I) don't bring it up. We also don't bring up how much she spends on worthless things....like food to feed the family. Gotta pick your battles.
          Lol I just bust out laughing at your post with her laying right here. It's so true though. But I will definitely be upgrading. Like I said it's what I wanted but they didn't have it so I got the Sink model. But I mean it wasn't a bad buy but like you said just have to be cautious.

Ascend FS10' Sit In Kayak (CAMO) w/Lowrance Elite-4x Chirp Fishfinder w/DownScan Imaging.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Originally posted by Nature_Boy View Post
            Lol I just bust out laughing at your post with her laying right here. It's so true though. But I will definitely be upgrading. Like I said it's what I wanted but they didn't have it so I got the Sink model. But I mean it wasn't a bad buy but like you said just have to be cautious.

Learn from all of us that went through what you are doing now. Get out there and fish, see what everyone else is doing, and go from there. When it comes to kayak and equipment, you're going to save money in the long run, by investing in better equipment now...or saving so you can buy it later.

Don't upgrade several times, if money is an issue, it will cost significantly more in the long run. I have no idea of your fishing expense authorization, only you know that. I know I will never buy a 60 foot Viking with a tuna tower without winning the lotto, but completely happy fishing out of a Tupperware kayak. My dad has a 41' charter boat up in Alaska, I've been on it many times, I would even like to take it over...but the tourist economy doesn't make that possible right now.
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

Welcome to the forum and hope to see you out on the water.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
                Welcome to the forum and hope to see you out on the water.
                Hey thanks man...where do you normally fish?

Comment

Fortunately or unfortunately I fish with Cowpokey alot and in the same waters as him. Middle upper Chesapeake mostly in the salt.

Comment

Hey welcome to forum nature-boy. Hope to see you soon in th water. I am new yak too
                    2014 Hobie Outback
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
                    2nd PLACE
                    Slam Division

Comment

Originally posted by Ken kayak View Post
                      Hey welcome to forum nature-boy. Hope to see you soon in th water. I am new yak too
                      Thanks Ken Kayak. Where do you fish mostly? Maybe we can set something up at some point. I have been fishing often the last 2 weeks or so. I'm actually going to go out this evening. And Friday morning.

Comment

I use to go on Sunday. And I fish on the bay saltwater. That good if we can join to fish together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        2014 Hobie Outback
                        2016 Hobie Outback
                        2nd PLACE
                        Slam Division

Comment

I use to go on Sunday. And I fish on the bay saltwater. That good if we can join to fish together

Ok cool. I'm following you now so just let me know. I'm down.

Comment

I just know Cowpokey and fish with him, very nice man

2014 Hobie Outback
                            2016 Hobie Outback
                            2nd PLACE
                            Slam Division

Comment

I just know Cowpokey and fish with him, very nice man

Yes indeed. I spoke with hime last night on here. Gave me a few good pointers. He seems like a good knowledgeable person.

Comment

I will go fishing with him this Sunday that where he did tell you Triton

2014 Hobie Outback
                                2016 Hobie Outback
                                2nd PLACE
                                Slam Division

Comment

Working...
                                X