Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hitting the water this Friday, July 31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone hitting the water this Friday, July 31?

The subject line says it.. I'd like to try some place other than sandy point. I've been there several times and would like to break this skunk streak that I'm on..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Hey man. I was actually thinking about hitting the water this friday morning. Was going to go to Sandy point in my new Yak but then I seen your post lol. A buddy and I went out about 2 days ago from Benedict to catch the morning incoming tide and loaded up in about 6 hours with 9-11 inch Croakers and good sized Spot. Also caught a few good perch. The fish was definitely biting on the tides. We caught a total of 62 fish. Im game for some company if you care to join. Let me know we can set something up to meet down there.
    Ascend FS10' Sit In Kayak (CAMO) w/Lowrance Elite-4x Chirp Fishfinder w/DownScan Imaging.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

i wanted to try for stripers. what are you using for spot and croakers?
      '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

I am thinking of launching from Goodhands Creek ramp Fri morning. My estimated launch time is 7:00-7:30. I did pretty well there yesterday morning -- 22 stripers to 22" in three hours of pedaling.

I will fish for 2-3 hours then head home.

Note: You need a Queen Anne's County ramp permit to launch or park there.
        John Veil
        Annapolis
        Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by NYstyle View Post
          i wanted to try for stripers. what are you using for spot and croakers?
          They are bitting on bloodworms. Stripers are there as well. I'm going out tonight well early in the morning around 2am to catch that early tide. High tide is at 0221 am and low tide is at 0940. So i will do some trolling on the tide at daybreak.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk
          Ascend FS10' Sit In Kayak (CAMO) w/Lowrance Elite-4x Chirp Fishfinder w/DownScan Imaging.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. -Leonardo Da Vinci

Comment

Can I pick up the ramp permit in the morning, if so, where? I just called, and all i can get out of the lady is that, "it can be picked up from many vendors locally". she was extremely helpful...

Have you guys been on the bottom for stripers or just trolling? I may not be using the correct tackle...
            '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

You can buy a launch permit at Angler's, they open at 5am
              Ryan
              Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
              Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Can I pick up the ramp permit in the morning, if so, where? I just called, and all i can get out of the lady is that, "it can be picked up from many vendors locally". she was extremely helpful...

Have you guys been on the bottom for stripers or just trolling? I may not be using the correct tackle...
                You can get a daily ramp permit ($10) or an annual permit ($35) at Anglers Sporting Goods (on the Rt 50 access road to the right about 2 miles before the bridge). They are open very early.

Goodhands Creek ramp puts you into shallow water. I troll in the creek and along grassy shorelines (Phragmites marshes and Spartina sod banks) using medium or medium spinning rods, ~ 1/2-oz jigheads or bucktails, and 3" to 4" paddletails. See several of my recent posts for an explanation of how I fish the area.

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...od-hands-today

http://www.snaggedline.com/showthrea...-22-July/page2

In addition, there are shorelines in the creek or at nearby Hog Island that hold perch. Casting small spinners works there.

You can also troll along the large breakwater just south of the two bridges. I use the same rigs here as I do along the grassy shorelines.

If you head up to the Kent Narrows bridges, you can jig or dunk bait near the bridge pilings.

The wind forecast for tomorrow morning is 8-10 knots from the N and NW. The tall marsh grasses and land mass should block much of the wind when fishing near shore. High tide is about 5:30 am giving high water levels for part of the morning.
                John Veil
                Annapolis

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I'm looking forward to tomorrow's outing at Goodhands.

The shorelines and structure usually hold fish and artificials work well as John has described.

However when I was there last week the grassy shorelines also held biting flies on the lee side. Bug spray is advisable or the bites you'll be contending with will be more than those on the ends of your lines.

I hope some new Snaggedliners can join us tomorrow.
                  Mark
                  Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                  Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                  Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited at the possibility of catching fish again... lol. I haven't caught ANYTHING since I left the Fl panhandle last freggin summer.... What time and where are we meeting up?!? lol
                    '15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

We will meet at the Goodhands Creek launch ramp on Kent Island. The map shows the location. I plan to get there before 7:00 and launch between 7:00 and 7:30. If you have a VHF radio, set it to channel 68.

Goodhands creek launch.jpg
                      John Veil
                      Annapolis

Comment

Word. Thanks, see you there. I'm in a honda ridgeline ands a yellow outback.

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

See you and Mark T Good Hands tomorrow my morning
                          John Rentch
                          Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
                          Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I have to admit, I'm pretty excited at the possibility of catching fish again... lol. I haven't caught ANYTHING since I left the Fl panhandle last freggin summer.... What time and where are we meeting up?!? lol

Gee...I feel a little pressure to produce. I hope we can break your drought.

John mentioned we'll be at the ramp between 7:00 and 7:30 a.m.

See you then.
                            Mark
                            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

No pressure. But seriously...

'15 Yellow Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...