No announcement yet.

Kayak Fishing Claiborne Landing 6/19/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, you are a kayak fisherman....you know that the best fish bite is in the morning.... (or late evening). I hate waking up that early too....But I had so much fun out there at Claiborne that I will have to make a repeat visit. SurfSam is an early riser, however, I will rise for the occasion. We hope to see you there if you are thinking of coming.....

Comment

If you could shoot me directions to the launch site and a time I will do my best to be there if the weather is good. I am in a sit in so I worry when the waves are trying to swamp me

Comment

Look for Birds

Before you head for that deep water, make sure you look south. May be a little early in the season but I have had a couple really good topwater days just south of the green marker, if birds are around don't worry about chasing them, fish will eventually find you if you hang out in 12-13 feet of water. I had one day I caught so many rock and blues I didn't mind the break why I waited for the fish to circle around again.

Comment

Hey, I'll join you guys, but it won't be that early. Will be there about 10 am, right when you guys start to come in. You'll have warmed up the croakers for when I drop my line.
          2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
          2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Is there a sandy area to launch yaks there? Or is the rough concrete boat ramp the only choice?

Comment

From what that I remember it is a concrete ramp, but it is not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                Hey, I'll join you guys, but it won't be that early. Will be there about 10 am, right when you guys start to come in. You'll have warmed up the croakers for when I drop my line.
                Here is the latest weather forcast for the Eastern Bay....

Saturday: WNW wind 5 to 9 kt becoming variable and less than 5 kt. Mostly sunny. Seas around 1 ft.

Saturday Night: W wind 6 to 8 kt becoming NW after midnight. Mostly clear. Seas around 1 ft.

Seems quite doable. See everyone there who is coming on Saturday! BTW Pinch, I will bring my Marine Radio this time.

Comment

ramp only see you there

Comment

Moc,

If cell phones don't work, we can use marine radios. What channel?

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
                      Moc,

If cell phones don't work, we can use marine radios. What channel?
                      I guess pick one.....my first time taking mine out.... channel 12?

Comment

I recommend channel 68 or 69. When im on i usually monitor 68
                        Interstate Kayak Fishing

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                          I guess pick one.....my first time taking mine out.... channel 12?
                          you can't just pick a random channel. each channel has a specific use.

68 and 69 are your best bet with 16 being the calling and distress channel

here is a list and their uses:

http://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=mtvhf
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X