Chester River - Too many boats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chester River - Too many boats?

I am looking for some waters that will be protected from tomorrow's wind. According to Windfinder, it will be blowing up from the south.

I have been checking out the charts for the Chester River, just north of Kent Narrows. On paper, the site looks good and should be protected. The ledges appear very fishy, but I am concerned with the amount of boat traffic I suspect I will find. I abandoned my fishing last week when I found too many boaters in the open waters just south of the Narrows. I am hoping to avoid the same issue.

Can anyone tell me is my suspicions will likely be realized? It will be Monday, so I won't have to deal with weekend traffic. I just don't want to focus on this area if the sound of all the motors will be the fish down (or chase them away).

Thanks!

Chester River.jpg
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Bruce

On your map you can see the entrance to Castle Marina and Queens landing. I look out onto the Chester from my front deck.. It's a little choppy but there is no boat traffic today.
    We are probably going out later on to crab and fish.
    I know its a late response. Feel free to P M me if you would like more info.
    ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Thanks Darryl. I opted to go out to Podickery Pt instead as it was in the lee of the prevailing wind at them time. I appreciate the offer to reach out. Might take you up on it in the future
      Bruce

Hobie PA 14

Comment

funny you were worried about boat traffic. See my post from today. (on the main forum)
        ORANGE NATIVE MANTA RAY 11

Comment

Unbelievable!!! Glad you are OK....
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14

Comment

Working...
          X