Need Advice.. Bay Bridge / SPSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice.. Bay Bridge / SPSP

Planning to launch around 7:30 or so tomorrow morning but have no idea in which direction I should head.. I'm bringing bloodworms for bottom fishing and some bucktails / circle hooks for livelining for stripers near/around the pilings but have no idea how far I need to make it out there to be in a productive zone (first time fishing out in semi-open water/bay bridge). I hear a lot of people talking about fishing the oyster beds around SPSP for bottom fishing (spot/croaker) but have no idea where these are and am most likely going to try to fish the wreck labeled on my navionics map unless someone can direct this newbie

Any tips/concerns are 100% welcome! thanks alot, hopefully see some of you out there tomorrow

Best,
    Nikki

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
    Liquid Logic Manta Ray 14

I've caught spot here, look at the "cross hairs".

Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I will be at sandy point with a friend around 6am. Lots of perch, so bloodworms will work great
      2014 Hobie Dune Outback
      2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
      Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
        I've caught spot here, look at the "cross hairs".

thanks for the response! i'm not sure which crosshairs you are referring to ): i may be over thinking it but do you mean where the horizontal/vertical lines meet? or am i supposed to be looking at the numbers with dots encompassing them?

and yakkinfish- awesome! hopefully i'll see you out on the water, look for the sand tarpon 120 and blue manta ray, you'll see two people struggling to fish XD we're planning to be out until mid afternoon
        Nikki

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
        Liquid Logic Manta Ray 14

Comment

Yes the horizontal and vertical line...that's what "cross hairs" are.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
            Yes the horizontal and vertical line...that's what "cross hairs" are.
            Maybe they were expecting something different?
            Attached Files
            Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
            2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
            2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
            2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Cowpokey. You are a good man
              2014 Hobie Outback
              2016 Hobie Outback
              2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
              2nd PLACE
              Slam Division

Comment

Originally posted by Ken kayak View Post
                Cowpokey. You are a good man
                If you want more info on places that have worked for me...all you have to do is ask. By the way, I plan on fishing next Sunday (2 August) somewhere close. Maybe SPSP, Jonas Green or Triton.
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Based on Cowpokey's map, I've never caught anything when fishing on the left side of the bridge. There are poles stuck in the water there and I thought it would be good, but I never have been lucky. I've witnessesd big strippers being caught while live lining at the pillars that are about 1/4 mile out. Lots of perch closer and near the wreck. Just my experience.
                  Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                  Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by Pc4sun View Post
                    Based on Cowpokey's map, I've never caught anything when fishing on the left side of the bridge. There are poles stuck in the water there and I thought it would be good, but I never have been lucky. I've witnessesd big strippers being caught while live lining at the pillars that are about 1/4 mile out. Lots of perch closer and near the wreck. Just my experience.
                    The map I posted was only for catching spot, I've never caught striper in that area. Live Lining spot around the bridge pilings though, is another story...one with success.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RustedAngler View Post
                      Maybe they were expecting something different?
                      I'm dead. This is gold
                      -Jon
                      Revo 13

Comment

I braved the bay yesterday and caught my first keeper and some sore legs from peddling back to Matapeake where I launched. Thanks to Dao and his recommendation for using Zman Opening night it worked trolling the piersimage.jpgimage.jpg
                        Drive it like you stole it!
                        2011 Hobie PA 14

Comment

Originally posted by Bohunr View Post
                          I braved the bay yesterday and caught my first keeper and some sore legs from peddling back to Matapeake where I launched. Thanks to Dao and his recommendation for using Zman Opening night it worked trolling the piers[ATTACH=CONFIG]16560[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16561[/ATTACH]
                          Nice fish. Congrats!
                          Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                          Cobra Explorer

Comment

Well done and way to battle the chop for the fish. Hope to see you out there again soon.

Comment

Working...
                            X