No announcement yet.

August 8th M&G - Mattawoman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fish weren't cooperating, but a nice day to be on the water. Enjoyed meeting everyone. Hope to see some of you at CBKA Tourney. Thanks for organizing Redfish12.
    WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

I was in the area around 6:25am but I had to meet my friend who stores his kayak in another friend's garage at that time. I called him @ 5:30am to wake him up. He needed help loading his kayak. He wasnt there when I got there so I called him & he got delayed so I went to cast for snakeheads @ Bumpy Oak Pond. I had 1 hit & that's it there. Bummer. My buddy showed up after 7:20 & we went back to load his kayak but.... turns out nobody was home so he couldnt get his kayak. He was bummed...so I ended up launching just after 8 am. I think I may have talked to Stephen, who had a Mariner but I did talk to a couple others not forum members. Perhaps they will join us online & on the water au futur. I saw a lot of activity to the left of the launch where I usually go so I went right( with the outgoing tide). I saw 6-8 large bass swim right under me. I literally went directly across the river via a windy route. I brought my bow just in case & 2 rods. I made a million casts& I am sore right now. I brought some worms & since the snakeheads werent biting I tossed some bait & I caught 5 species of fish: LMbass, wp, 2 kinds of sunfish, & a 15" blue cat. I gave the cat to a guy on shore who was fishing for them. The other fish were small. I had just 1 snakehead hit & 2 blowups. A couple years ago I would always catch em or atleast spook em & they'd blowup & tail slap the bottom of the kayak. I fought the wind to get back to the launch & I saw Scrumpt... leaving as I was loading my car w/ my stuff. I missed everyone @ George's Ribs by 15 mins. The food was great! Thx Redfish for choosing that place! On my way home I went pond & swamp hopping from shore. I saw a few more snakeheads, got a couple of hits but no cigar. I saw 1 medium-sized snakehead w/ something in its mouth: either it was a bullfrog or a turtle. It was either trying to drown it or it was stuck in its mouth. Then it vanished in the murky water. Later in the afternoon/eve the LM bass turned on & I caught a bunch, missed a bunch more...my biggest 3 measured 16",18",& 19", caught using a1oz Spro popper frog & a mini chatterbait. I'm sorry I missed you all. The past few times launching left of the ramp I have been skunked so I went right this time. Hopefully, I will see you all in the future.

Comment

Nice job mike and thanks for helping me out with my drive failure on my fin. Wish there had been a better turnout they missed a great lunch. All in all a good day on the water
        Tom Brown
        Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
        2012 Hobie PA 14'
        Ocean Kayak Tident 13
        2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Knew I should have made a right, got nothing on the left, need to spend some more time there, nice spot. too bad its a 120 mile drive to get there for me from cecil county. where to next?
          Native watercraft Mariner 12.5
          Lowrance HDI 5
          Abu Garcia rods n reels

Comment

Thanks all for coming out!
            Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
            Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
            https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
            X